• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

This guy is kidding... Right?

Sorry for the bold lettering, after cut n paste the listing tile text stayed bolded.

Ok, where someone(s?) see a box in the title listing I only see a square black outlined box, not the actual box that Grenadeslio posted.

You must not have emojis enabled. It's an emoji box in the ad. You need to enable emojis in your browser.

Pretty lame. I think the emoji box is definitely meant to hoodwink. Looking at his other items for sale, they are definitely on the high side.
 
Last edited:
This seller has 99.8 % positive feedback on almost 1500 sales. Guessing his account got hacked.
I don't think so, it's consistent with some other items he's selling. Hackers typically sell an item priced significantly below market for a quick BIN transaction.

This is the sort of situation where you contact the seller for clarification.
 
The text I see includes pictures of a Christmas present complete with wrapping paper and ribbon.

You should buy it and then open a case against him when it doesn't arrive gift wrapped.

The sad thing is that there are some folks out there that would consider this a perfectly fine way to communicate, on par with written words. That movie "Idiocracy" got a lot right, but was way too optimistic on the timeline.
 
No. Not kidding.

Why not?

If someone expect to receive $125 for the shattered Mcintosh Faceplate (yes in pieces)...then...

index.php
 
Sorry for the bold lettering, after cut n paste the listing tile text stayed bolded.

Ok, where someone(s?) see a box in the title listing I only see a square black outlined box, not the actual box that Grenadeslio posted.

Like WillVT, you might not have emoji's enabled, or your browser doesn't have that graphic. The one I see isn't the same one as Grenadeslio sees.
Screenshot from 2019-10-15 14-07-35.png
 
Like WillVT, you might not have emoji's enabled, or your browser doesn't have that graphic. The one I see isn't the same one as Grenadeslio sees.
View attachment 1645502
Emojis are weird that way. They're just a little code, and every operating system will show you a slightly different version. Thus, it's a terrible way to write an eBay listing.
 
Anyone who purchased this thinking it's a complete receiver would no doubt be able to get their money back through ebay's return service, and the seller would be on the hook for the cost of shipping both ways plus the PayPal fees. The days of shafting buyers on ebay are over.
 
Ask the seller if he plans to double box it for shipping to protect your investment?

PS - that's about what I paid for my 9001, but that was a while back. I still have the original box it came in - not the official Sansui box, but maybe I can flip it for a couple hundred +S&H?
 
I guess I don't have emojis enabled there.
But the last time I looked at the listing it did have a Sansui receiver in the pictures.
As I mentioned was going to report it originally when no receiver was pictured, could not figure out how to report it with the drop down reasons they give. Could get the first two ok but the third one didn't apply at all.
 
I don't think so, it's consistent with some other items he's selling. Hackers typically sell an item priced significantly below market for a quick BIN transaction.

This is the sort of situation where you contact the seller for clarification.

Then how on earth does he have such good feedback lol

If this sells then I'm going to start selling my dog's slightly used dog food "only used once"
 
I guess I don't have emojis enabled there.
But the last time I looked at the listing it did have a Sansui receiver in the pictures.
As I mentioned was going to report it originally when no receiver was pictured, could not figure out how to report it with the drop down reasons they give. Could get the first two ok but the third one didn't apply at all.

The listing for the box and the listing for the receiver are two different listings by the same seller, notice the price difference?

Here's a screenshot of post #11 stating it's a different item at a different price.
Screenshot_20191015-174016.png

Post #1 has the listing for the box, click on that, no receiver, just a box for $499.
 
Last edited:
The listing for the box and the listing for the receiver are two different listings by the same seller, notice the price difference?

Here's a screenshot of post #11 stating it's a different item at a different price.
View attachment 1645717

Post #1 has the listing for the box, click on that, no receiver, just a box for $499.


THANK YOU.
Now it makes sense, I thought the second link was the same product as the first link only revised and/or added pics.
Now I don't care if I get an answer from the seller since there are two listings and not one that I thought had been changed.
 
He uses a new ID every couple of years...

eBay Member User ID History
s.gif

s.gif

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
s.gif

s.gif

User ID Effective Date End Date
stolisvinylemporium Feb-21-18 Present
magofamily Dec-27-17 Feb-21-18
m**********5 Mar-03-15 Dec-27-17
 
He uses a new ID every couple of years...

eBay Member User ID History
s.gif

s.gif

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
s.gif

s.gif

User ID Effective Date End Date
stolisvinylemporium Feb-21-18 Present
magofamily Dec-27-17 Feb-21-18
m**********5 Mar-03-15 Dec-27-17
maybe simply to reflect what he is selling mainly
 
Back
Top Bottom