• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens platter issue

cschaub

New Member
Looking at getting a Thorens mk125 mkii. The seller says the platter lightly grazes the plinth. Any idea what would cause this? Seems like a good model, $600 USD.
 
Register to hide this ad
Looking at getting a Thorens mk125 mkii.

The seller says the platter lightly grazes the plinth.

Any idea what would cause this?

Seems like a good model, $600 USD.

May or may not be an easy fix. :idea:

Good enough reason for a good discount. :)
 
Mine came that way after shipping - rubbing on the back side of the plinth. I adjusted the 3 leveling adjusters underneath and fixed it. Not saying the one you're looking at has that problem but it might. After adjusting the leveling and some work on the lift mech it works great. I'm really pleased as it's my first TD-125 mk2

What arm/cart does it have?
 
^^ this. It's the suspension sinking. Use the suspension adjustment cups underneath the deck to raise the platter a little, but keep it level. Very nice TT. :thumbsup: Not unreasonably priced IMO.
 
I don't know these machines like a couple of you do but I wouldn't be willing to spend my $600 in the hope that the platter issue would be minor, and that I would be able to easily adjust it.

But, it's an easy and necessary adjustment to fix.
 
Yes, as long as the platter hadn't scored the top or something, no biggie.
 
Back
Top Bottom