• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD150 MKII / Tone-arm - opinions needed!

Little update on the tool! How cool is that...
I'll get the chance to handle it and test it on the "slutted nut" early February, as mentioned. Still excited to see the preview!

1b5454a5-8bca-4ce2-a774-99eecf9cca86 (1).jpg
 
The TP13a restoration is going well, but I need some help regarding the disassembly of the horizontal bearing shaft. I want to change the rubber grommets. What is the specific role of the black allen screw on the side? should I remove that first and then remove the 3 big screws? or, should I only remove the 3 big screws?


13f9a08b-c087-497d-aaea-5837a07281e8.jpg
 
The allen screw is for adjusting VTA, so it's not what you need now, but you can loosen it an lift the arm pillar up a a bit for better access (mind the wiring, though). So, you must remove the three screws. At least on some models, there is a hole in the black plastic cap for a screwdriver. If not, it can be done with an angled one, or a screwdriver bit held sideways in some suitable tool.
 
FWIW replacing the anti skate is easy. Use very lightweight fishing lne and a crimp wright. I think it is 1.4G but that info should be verified. I remember trimming down a tiny lead weight. I was lucky enough to find that slide weight on the bay. They do show up now and then.

The 150 II was an awesome little table that sounded great. Only displaced here by a highly modded AR.
 
Back
Top Bottom