• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Three pallets of stuff in Huntsville, AL

Register to hide this ad
A good deal on a bunch of crap that you'll never use.
That being said it would be good fodder for a garage sale and likely you'd be able to recoup half of your investment.
 
Thanks everyone. I've contemplated the effort in just picking up, loading, driving, unloading, inspecting, loading most and going to goodwill with it. Might do it if they paid me $200.
 
There are a few pieces in the photos that would fetch the $400 back pretty easy if working. That big JVC might fetch $400 alone. There is a cult out there.

I could pump $1000 or more out of that pile without a lot of sweat. Maybe $2000. But I'm rigged for testing and flipping and I have access to a big dumpster.
 
Theres a few nice pieces in there, a rackmount dbx thingy, the 80's yamaha mixing desk, that huge silver faced tape deck with wooden sides (big pioneer maybe?) all those mid range turntables are easy flips if working...

Theres also a crazy amount of rubbish there
 
a rackmount dbx thingy
No, it's a 154 and a 157 cobbed together with some piece of **** home made rack mounts. They're both early(for dbx) noise reduction units. Probably worth 100-150 for the pair if they work and had their wood side panels.
 
That big JVC might fetch $400 alone.
That big JVC is a BOTL JR-S100 at 22wpc.

jvc_jr-s100_mkii.jpg


IMO, you're gonna have to put a lot of elbow grease in those scratched dust covers to hit the 1k mark.

I spent a little time blowing the pics up and sifting thru that heap. I don't see a single piece in there that i'd bother with.

Anybody recognize the silver face integrated that's missing it's big volume knob? Is that a Nikko?
 
Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhh the fragmentation.

Wear your safety glasses.

FWIW, i'm pretty sure the seller made a mistake and grabbed the wrong 3 pallets after reading this:

All of these items were picked / chosen from a much larger lot of components because they are the most appealing items of the total group of items that were in storage
 
I did a big sell off of mostly nonworking stuff a while ago. 72 pieces for 75 bucks.

I think this guy is overcharging unless he has a strong reason to think a good percentage of that crap works.
 
My guess is that its and repair shop going out of business and this is the pile no one came back to get. There is on old shop on governors dr that closed a couple of months ago. I had stopped by to see if he worked on vintage equipment and the sign on the door said closed for good. You could look thru the windows and see lots of equipment piled up. He had been there for over 20 years. But all this is a guess and trying to connect the dots.
 
My guess is that its and repair shop going out of business and this is the pile no one came back to get. There is on old shop on governors dr that closed a couple of months ago. I had stopped by to see if he worked on vintage equipment and the sign on the door said closed for good. You could look thru the windows and see lots of equipment piled up. He had been there for over 20 years. But all this is a guess and trying to connect the dots.

I would hound that situation and keep it on your radar to check on periodically. At some point, you may gain access.

Many years ago, I was able to get access to the same situation, but only after it was closed for many years. Understanding that everything in it would probably need repair, I found some real gems. About 90% were newer things not of interest, but I found some really nice stuff, Quad amp, Kenwood 700m, etc.
 
I'm seeing missing knobs, missing head shells, missing cartridges, etc. Sure looks like three pallets of electronics sold by the pound at Goodwill second chance auction. Too much work. BPC is even harder to sell than the good stuff, IME.
 
No diamonds but I think you could double your money although $400 profit may not be worth the hassle of all the e-mail tennis you'll have to play and the time it takes to sell that many pieces as singles.
 
Count me among those who thing it wouldn't be worth the headache unless there is something there that you just had to have and getting it for free was worth the time and effort to flip the rest. I've made similar lot purchases on a smaller scale and I usually realize that it wasn't worth the effort. I thought about how much money COULD be made but when reality sets in, I realize how much of it isn't working and is going to take time and effort to repair, storage, and the time and effort dealing with sellers, etc. Barely doubling your money for that much work doesn't seem like a good ROI.
 
Back
Top Bottom