• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Through with the Hobby.

In a way I think I know what he's feeling, as I used to hang out on other forums.
One was for other people that had my type of car. I was getting depressed hearing about how people had tuned up their cars for better performance. After feeling like I couldn't measure up to the hot rodders, I quit hanging out on that forum. Yet, I still drive my car...

There is an old saying that goes "Be thankful for the trees you eat from" that I would like to apply to Spiderheads post.

What many of us in this life fail to see is that you should always be thankful for what you have. There will always be someone with more or less than you & better or worse stuff...

I feel at times that my system is not worthy of being mentioned in my signature, but you know what, there may be someone in here that does not even have a system. We know there are far better ones, but always be thankful whatever you have. Not only your vintage stuff, but everything else.

It is a true blessing & you should always appreciate it! :yes:

Ole Rome
 
Well I, for one, appreciated sharing opinions with you Zenith. Take a break and hope to see you around the forums again!

By the way, what ever happened to 80's Lover? The kid with the same questions about 80's gear? They may have pulled his plug...

Take care, zenith, see you around!
Brian
 
I spend too much time posting on this and other forums and feel its time to move on and get a life.

It's quite possible to post here and other forums and still have a life.

It's also possible to never post anywhere and still not have a life.

As for myself, I find my life is richer because of some of the people I know at AK.
 
think of it this way......

I come to the realization that since so many opinions are tossed around and little hard data backs them up, I am out of this hobby... I will still repair, collect and listen to my gear but Don't think I'll be participating in the forums anymore. Its been fun, and thank you all, but sayanara. :smoke:

you stated that opinions are tossed around back an fourth correct? so for that
reason your leaving? honestly it sounds kinda dumb for an excuses only if ya ask me. so with that im thinking, if thats the case dont real families do the same thing???????:scratch2: they fight hoot, holla but do you leave em? no

you stated that you post too much?? gimmie a break, thats a piss poor excuse,
im not in any ways being mean here, just making ya think twice bout it really.

ive made MANY friends here in aker land!!!!! an im glad to, been to several
gatherings, over to their houses, its all most like a mini big family too several
of us.:yes: im gonna speak for alot of akers we love this place but yes
there is some bs here an there, but ignore it plain an simple. its your choice.

an that newman guy well hes newman:D i personally have never chatted with you an thats ok. but your ur own person do as you wish an good luck
 
Stuartk was another member I didn't care for while I was here.

And Grumpy was just that to me- a grump /

So go ahead lock the thread and ban me. I unfortunately close doors when I LEAVE :scratch2:
 
I did not know you, personally, but take care nevertheless. With over 2300 posts you obviously must have had some opinions of your own that not all agreed with. But that's OK, too. Adios y buena suerte.
 
I've found spending a bit too much time reading here gets me to taking things too seriously sometimes. and I am a very laid-back person, but occasionally someone will lean on a nerve and I go ballistic.

And always regret it.

The crappy and wonderful thing about conversing online is it's easier to go on a tirade- in real life, you have to look people in the eye, at the least you hear their voice when they respond. It tends to have a naturally moderating effect. No such natural moderation occurs online- which is why we have to have moderation embodied in actual users to jump into between users going off on each other.

Please keep this in mind, there are real people behind the avatars. Some people rip on others because they thing it's deserved... but some do just because they can... you have to learn how to dodge the mine fields and just get out of it what you want.

It's taken me a while to figure this out. I keep sticking my foot in my mouth- but now I just don't take it personally if someone rightfully calls me on it. And I keep coming back for more...
 
zenith2134, are you suffering from depression? The reason I ask is you seem very down and not very rational in your thinking.

Do what you must, take a break, leave or whatever, but there is no need to burn bridges here. Take care of yourself and in the future if you feel like it, come back and hang a while. You will always be welcome.
 
zenith2134, are you suffering from depression? The reason I ask is you seem very down and not very rational in your thinking.

Do what you must, take a break, leave or whatever, but there is no need to burn bridges here. Take care of yourself and in the future if you feel like it, come back and hang a while. You will always be welcome.

ditto:thmbsp:
 
Stuartk was another member I didn't care for while I was here.

And Grumpy was just that to me- a grump /

So go ahead lock the thread and ban me. I unfortunately close doors when I LEAVE :scratch2:

I did that once. Regretted it. All you would be doing by doing that is look petty and lose friends. Please, reconsider it. I am not trying to detour you from your break, but I do encourage backing out with grace, so if you ever want to post again or just catch up with people here, you won't have to rebuild your stature from scratch. Second time is a pain compared to the first.
 
Sage advise, Words to live by.

I did that once. Regretted it. All you would be doing by doing that is look petty and lose friends. Please, reconsider it. I am not trying to detour you from your break, but I do encourage backing out with grace, so if you ever want to post again or just catch up with people here, you won't have to rebuild your stature from scratch. Second time is a pain compared to the first.

Wise beyond your years.
 
Hmmm. Been posting you're leaving for 2 days. Why even tell us. I notice alot of folks not around anymore and never said a word.
 
Sorry to hear that Zenith, I always liked ya man! I'm just a small timer though! If someone's opinion gets to ya, just put on a record and fuggettaboutit! hope you come back soon, we are always accepting of mistakes, as it is a human function. IMO
 
Folks, I have a couple of things to say.

I've never been the most sound an individual, but have always tried to be civil and rational. In the past I did go through a lot, what with my grandparents dying of cancer and almost losing my mother. Since the parents are divorced, that would mean having to go live with my father. We clash about everything except music. Yet, his place is tiny and all my gear would have to go.

Anyway, I think www.records has hit the nail on the head (and through the board!). I have made arrangements to go speak to a psychologist who will help me through my bad habits and lately, my bipolar behavior. This is a huge embarrassment but I do not want to lose the friendship and community I have gained on AK over the years. :tears:

I am hoping that we can put this behind us, and that everyone here can accept my apology. I want to be able to continue discussing our hobby and hope I haven't hobbled my chances at doing so. I realize now that i was the only one being irrational here. Special apology goes to Stuartk, Grumpy, DNewma, and whomever else I've bothered.

And Sandy, hey I owe ya one, pal! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom