• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Timeframe TF350s - Rebuild

OMI, a Denon DP60L for $3.50!? Wow, what a great score! Now you have a superb turntable to go with those speakers! Enjoy! :thmbsp:
 
OMI said:
Ed,

Did not even look:)

But I had called DCM and they had replacement woofers

but the replacement woofers are $32.20 plus shipping...


http://www.dcmspeakers.com

I am so impressed with dcm's level of customer support.. not to many companies will give out the eng. drawings for the crossovers.
I'd say money well spent! Nice job docing it all!
 
Warren,

It has a few issues... One was it needed a new dust cover... Found one for $85 and shipping... I think it is worth it. Need a set screw for the tone arm ("S" arm) where it locks into the pivot arm and I need a head shell also... Other than that and a good cleaning.. I think it is operational....

Yeppers ... DCM was helpfull and answered all my question... A good company...
 
Great thread, OMI...lots of valuable info!

Just discovered this thread from OMI's TF350 rebuild experience...wonderful job!

I just acquired a mint pair of TF350s from my brother, and am now using them with a equally fine '78 Sansui G-7000 stereo receiver! This pairing provides excellent sonics for all my musical needs, to include compositions written for the classical pipe organ!

These old DCMs must be rather efficient; as I write this, I'm listening to a hybrid SACD of Music For Organ, Brass and Timpani by organist Anthony Newman and the Graham Ashton Brass Ensemble (2004 Sonoma Records, SAC-001)...with the gain control jacked to 10 o'clock, musical peaks are at only 5Wpc @ well over 95dB...pretty damn loud at times, but also extremely realistic and dynamic, with air and transparency more likely found with larger loudspeakers costing thousands more!

Playing Genesis Live from their '73 concert was an eye-opener as well...you'd think this recording was made only recently; Phil Collins' drumming and Peter Gabriel's singing was clean, clear and precise, and the DCMs made the band come alive in my listening room!

OMI, just wondering if you or anyone else know the specs for the TimeFrame TF350s...DCM's site provides the owners manual, but no specifications, and I have no idea what their overall ratings in frequency response, sensitivity, impedance etc. are. I'd appreciate any info I can get concerning their specs.

Thanks again for a wonderful thread, OMI. Do you still listen to and enjoy your TF350s?:scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5149_2.jpg
    DSCF5149_2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 93
Very cool restore - thanks for all the details and pix!!

General question - I see a lot of the DCM Time Frame speakers have black caps and feet -
has anyone had success removing the black paint and switching them to Oak finish??
 
But its all good - DCM speakers apparently have real LIFE to them!
 
Finished the DIYRCM and made my way to the 350s… Spent a HOT afternoon on the 4th taking them apart. The tops just popped off as per the good Doctor… Have all the cloth off and did an initial cleaning on the cabs. Will get 2 new socks cut and sewn with black grill fabric. Will see it I can get some cloth similar to the underlayment at a fabric shop and re-do that also… I know… Do not need to do it, but I want to get ‘em back as close to original as I can.

Need to re-foam the speakers. Think I have the surrounds. Will look later this week.

Have 2 shots of the cross over. As I have never gone down the RECAP road, these may be a good starter pair to try. As I have NO IDEA what I am looking at input is solicited… If these look like the caps are the old ones that need replacing let me know… I take directions well.

Will also clean all the connections on the crossover with Deoxit when I get to that part…

This was step one…
So what type of fabric is the inner sock made out of? Outside speaker cloth looks kind a like what I can get at Jo Ann Fabrics.
thanks Tom
 
Back
Top Bottom