• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Today's Canadian playlist...

And what will be the last one for the night:

IMG_9736.jpeg

Gotta give those 8 tracks some play time to help stave off print through.

I spread the play time between the Superscope TDR-830 and the mighty Wollensak 8075. That means twice the capstan cleaning afterwards but the occasional play helps stave off belt deterioration.

Farewell to Kings through to Moving Pictures on 8 track tomorrow to finish off the series.

:cool:
 
Last edited:
Man it's been a LONG time since I listened to an 8 track, had one in my first vehicle, and played the heck out of a lot of tapes, it was a Craig, they are a cool novelty though, but I can't see me trying to find one:(
 
Man it's been a LONG time since I listened to an 8 track, had one in my first vehicle, and played the heck out of a lot of tapes, it was a Craig, they are a cool novelty though, but I can't see me trying to find one:(
Yeah, they're not what I would call "serious" audio.

But they are fun to mess around with and see how much you can get out of them. The RUSH carts are more about collecting RUSH stuff, but fun to listen to sometimes.

Some things are fun to listen too because the tracks are rearranged to fit and some very rare carts have versions that weren't released on anything but 8 track (due to the track length limitations).

But some things just sound better to me on 8 track. Like early Boston. But that's a good dose of nostalgia as much as the sound. Some things I just remember on 8 track as we cruised around and the memories help make some of the 8 track "warts" fade away.

I also have a special attachment to ELO greatest hits on 8 track because I remember Dad playing that a lot in the 442. I have that cart and the "kerchunk" brings back memories of him every time.

The one on the bottom with the white/yellow meters is a Wollensak 8075, pretty much the Nakamichi Dragon of 8 tracks. But where a NAK can go for 4-5 grand, the Wolly can be had in the couple hundred bucks range. Of course, they don't sound he same but 8 track is a nice low cost way to get TOTL gear (for 8 tracks that is) at bargain basement prices. Same with the Superscope TDR830 on the shelf above it; considered "high end" for 8 track players.

But it's mainly just a media format that's cheap and fun to mess with.
 
Last edited:
PUP
Who Will Look After The Dogs?
Rise
2025

1766819564486.png
 
Back
Top Bottom