• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

Electric Wizard. Black Sabbathy uber-heavy psychedelic rock. On Rise Above records. From Dorset, UK. Great albums: Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics..., Witchcult Today. Some great songs: Funeralopolis, Return Trip, Doom Mantia, The Chosen Few, Witchcult Today.

Rock on!
 
Electric Wizard. Black Sabbathy uber-heavy psychedelic rock. On Rise Above records. From Dorset, UK. Great albums: Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics..., Witchcult Today. Some great songs: Funeralopolis, Return Trip, Doom Mantia, The Chosen Few, Witchcult Today.

Rock on!

I looooooove Electric Wizard, well into my top 10 favorite bands. Couple more of my favorite songs: Devil's Bride, Black Butterfly, Mountains of Mars, Another Perfect Day, Torquemada71.

These boys are on a level all their own. Nothing else I've heard is as heavy with as much groove.
 
Yeah, the 'Wizard is way up there for me too. I only got into them a few years ago, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on them earlier. Nobody sounds like them, I thought my speakers were cracked the first time I listened to them at volume, but it was just the picture window vibrating across the room. All the hisses, fuzz and pops are just part of the 'Wizard's heavy charm. I think the latest, Witchcult Today, was recorded with all vintage gear, it sounds great.

more freaky stoner bands: KYUSS, Monster Magnet, SLEEP, sHEAVY, Orange Goblin, Nebula, Witchcraft
 
Space Daze 2000

dscf1041.jpg
 
I think the latest, Witchcult Today, was recorded with all vintage gear, it sounds great.

Now THAT'S cool.

more freaky stoner bands: KYUSS, Monster Magnet, SLEEP, sHEAVY, Orange Goblin, Nebula, Witchcraft

Oh yes. Been on a steady diet of stoner rock since 2000 when I heard Queens of the Stone Age. I'd listened to a little here and there without knowing about the scene for some time. Picked up Monster Magnet's Dopes to Infinity when it came out in '95. Still a favorite.

I got to see Witchcraft here in Atlanta about a year ago. One of the best shows I've seen. Tiny little venue with perfect sound, what could be better?

They were playing with Graveyard, who are also really good.
 
Here's one you don't see very often, Trouble "Trouble". This Chicago band's first album sounds like Pink Floyd meets Black Sabbath. It's getting pretty expensive on eBay, costs more now than the Japan-pressed version I got several years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom