• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's INDIE Playlist

I am holding out for my wife to buy this.

I kind of felt the same about I Am Not Afraid Of You... . The Today is the Day EP that came out with that is great though.

I haven't felt strongly about an album of theirs since "...and then nothing turned itself inside out" which also took a while to sink in. They're a great live act, though, and I hope to see them again soon on this tour.
 
I'm currently spinning the Big Star "keep an eye on the sky" box set. I realize it's not Indie, but a lot of my indie friends listen to them, especially the 3rd album, which I think influenced a lot of indie bands. The demos for Sister Lovers (which is all i've listened to so far, and why I bought it) are fantastic. Just Alex and an acoustic guitar, pretty well recorded.
 
I'm currently spinning the Big Star "keep an eye on the sky" box set. I realize it's not Indie, but a lot of my indie friends listen to them, especially the 3rd album, which I think influenced a lot of indie bands. The demos for Sister Lovers (which is all i've listened to so far, and why I bought it) are fantastic. Just Alex and an acoustic guitar, pretty well recorded.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of it. I'm planning to pick this up myself.

Idaho - People Like Us Should Be Stopped
 
Looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of it. I'm planning to pick this up myself.

Well, I haven't gotten through much of it but it sounds fantastic. I'm still listening to Sister Lovers (and the associated demos)...and I've had this album on cassette, CD, LP and now this, and this might be the best sounding of them all. My recent vinyl rerelease sounds good, but this sounds absolutely flawless. I love vinyl but wow...do you know if they remastered the albums for this?

The included book is well done, too. The whole package is great.
 
peng.jpg


Stereolab

Peng!
Too Pure
 
Going to see Dinosaur Jr. tomorrow night, so I've been pulling out the early and late catalog (everything with Lou Barlow, basically) the past few days:

--s/t (Dinosaur)
--You're Living All Over Me
--Bug
--Beyond
--Farm

Might venture into the non-Lou years if I have time. But I've seen them four times since they reunited with Lou, and they only usually play the big "hits" from the non-Lou era live ("Feel the Pain," "Out There," "The Wagon").
 
Toshack Highway - Everyday Rock N' Roll is Saving My Life

I'm on an EP kick lately.

Also, in order to be less stupid the title should really read "Every Day Rock N' Roll is Saving My Life."

Extraordinary rock n' roll has saved my life a few times, but not the everyday kind. :scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom