• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tornado - My First Time...

OnTheBlitz

<-Say Hello to my Little Friends
Subscriber
I witnessed it form and drop. Description is in video. It seemed closer. In the video I described it as being 4 miles away, or so. Actual started out about 8 miles way and ended up 12 miles away, plowing through Andover, Kansas.

I hear there were some minor injuries and one serious injury. Severely damaged the YMCA in Andover and destroyed several houses and other structures. One house that was destroyed is a guy that I work with. He and his family were/are safe.

Total damage still being assessed.

Video:

Pictures:
20220429_201058.jpg 20220429_201109.jpg 20220429_201115.jpg 20220429_201137.jpg 20220429_201207.jpg 20220429_201233.jpg 20220429_201244.jpg 20220429_201304.jpg 20220429_201331.jpg 20220429_202111.jpg
I've lived in the "Wizard of Oz" state for a little over 4 years now. This is my first. I had lived in California my entire life before then. I've been through many massive earthquakes. This was interesting to witness and also a bit nerve racking.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Judging by the form of the lower part of the tornado, you were in an area of pasture land not plowed fields. I am sorry about your friends and glad their lives were not jeopardized. You were lucky to be safe and the pics were great. You will never forget this.
 
I witnessed it form and drop. Description is in video. It seemed closer. In the video I described it as being 4 miles away, or so. Actual started out about 8 miles way and ended up 12 miles away, plowing through Andover, Kansas.

I hear there were some minor injuries and one serious injury. Severely damaged the YMCA in Andover and destroyed several houses and other structures. One house that was destroyed is a guy that I work with. He and his family were/are safe.

Total damage still being assessed.

Video:

Pictures:
View attachment 2553694 View attachment 2553695 View attachment 2553696 View attachment 2553697 View attachment 2553698 View attachment 2553699 View attachment 2553700 View attachment 2553701 View attachment 2553702 View attachment 2553703
I've lived in the "Wizard of Oz" state for a little over 4 years now. This is my first. I had lived in California my entire life before then. I've been through many massive earthquakes. This was interesting to witness and also a bit nerve racking.

Really good shots, Chris.

Story @ TWC: https://weather.com/storms/severe/news/2022-04-29-tornado-andover-kansas-nebraska-oklahoma
 
original.jpeg
 
I witnessed it form and drop. Description is in video. It seemed closer. In the video I described it as being 4 miles away, or so. Actual started out about 8 miles way and ended up 12 miles away, plowing through Andover, Kansas.

I hear there were some minor injuries and one serious injury. Severely damaged the YMCA in Andover and destroyed several houses and other structures. One house that was destroyed is a guy that I work with. He and his family were/are safe.

Total damage still being assessed.

Video:

Pictures:
View attachment 2553694 View attachment 2553695 View attachment 2553696 View attachment 2553697 View attachment 2553698 View attachment 2553699 View attachment 2553700 View attachment 2553701 View attachment 2553702 View attachment 2553703
I've lived in the "Wizard of Oz" state for a little over 4 years now. This is my first. I had lived in California my entire life before then. I've been through many massive earthquakes. This was interesting to witness and also a bit nerve racking.

Dramatic footage. My local news happened to report that there were no fatalities as I watched your video. Good news there.

MIC
 
Absolutely nerve racking..!! I hate storm season..
Glad you are alright sir.. if you have to witness something like that, it's a blessing to see it from your vantage point in that video..
We had a tornado warning a week ago in Lawton, 8:30 pm.. it was radar indicated and never touched down but still caused alot of damage.
I was on my porch looking for it, no wind.. that's scary because you don't know where it is.. then the wind hit, out of the north, strong enough to take down a mile of utility poles..
The north wind let me know I was on the inflow side of the storm, so I knew where to look but darkness, rain, and hail covered everything..

BTW, wind driven hail hurts real bad.. o_O
 
Last edited:
I witnessed it form and drop. Description is in video. It seemed closer. In the video I described it as being 4 miles away, or so. Actual started out about 8 miles way and ended up 12 miles away, plowing through Andover, Kansas.

I hear there were some minor injuries and one serious injury. Severely damaged the YMCA in Andover and destroyed several houses and other structures. One house that was destroyed is a guy that I work with. He and his family were/are safe.

Total damage still being assessed.

Video:

Pictures:
View attachment 2553694 View attachment 2553695 View attachment 2553696 View attachment 2553697 View attachment 2553698 View attachment 2553699 View attachment 2553700 View attachment 2553701 View attachment 2553702 View attachment 2553703
I've lived in the "Wizard of Oz" state for a little over 4 years now. This is my first. I had lived in California my entire life before then. I've been through many massive earthquakes. This was interesting to witness and also a bit nerve racking.

Glad you are ok Blitz and didn’t go to see the Wizard!
 
Back
Top Bottom