• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Transistor Substitutions in JVC AX-R450

I am restoring a JVC-AX-R450. I need a Substitution for a A993 PNP. When I look it up on AI it shows a KSA-1220A But everybody is out of stock, What will work in its place? This is in the amp board.
 
Register to hide this ad
I am restoring a JVC-AX-R450. I need a Substitution for a A993 PNP. When I look it up on AI it shows a KSA-1220A But everybody is out of stock, What will work in its place? This is in the amp board.
I stay away from AI for various reasons. For one they aren't always correct and they will also make up answers if they don't know the correct one.

Go to epray and look for "New OnSemi Transistors for Vintage Stereo Repair All the common ones mix & match". He sells them and is an AK member. Very reliable.
I have never had a problem with him and I've bought numerous parts.
 
I stay away from AI for various reasons. For one they aren't always correct and they will also make up answers if they don't know the correct one.

Go to epray and look for "New OnSemi Transistors for Vintage Stereo Repair All the common ones mix & match". He sells them and is an AK member. Very reliable.
I have never had a problem with him and I've bought numerous parts.

This is teaching new hobbyists many lessons the hard, expensive way.
 
@lateretroguy is this question about the JVC AX you're working on?
img_1711-jpeg.3845458

I think so he posted this pic a few post ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom