• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TSC Speakers: Heard Of Them ?

Dorkelstein

Super Member
I see some speakers made by "The Speaker Company" in Mahwsh, NJ. Anyone heard of them ? They look like decent units but I've never seen them before. Anyone ? Thanks, The Dork
 
Register to hide this ad
May have been the house brand for ElectroWorks in East Brunswick. Wait, that was Seattle Sound. Hmmmm.
 
I remember them. They were a company under DM holdings in the early/mid 2000's I recall. I think their model was to rebrand older designs and sell under their moniker. I have some speakers from their P-line which appear to be carbon copies of the old Polk R series (R15 etc). I also had one of their subwoofers that was identical to an Energy sub. I remember they would have some great blow-out sales.
 
Sorry for digging up a very old thread, but I just purchased a pair of tSc TSB bookshelf speakers for $30 from Craigslist. They're missing the grilles but otherwise look and sound great. I'm probably just going to use them as bench speakers for the time being but I'm sure they could make great surrounds at some point.

The reviews of these speakers that I can find online are generally favorable and it sounds like they were good value for the money at the time, even if they weren't (still aren't) very well known. Even if that's not the case, it's hard to go wrong with a pair of $30 speakers.
 
I bought a full surround system from these guys back in 2008 maybe? 6.5 and 5.25 2 ways, dual 5.25 center and powered 10” sub. Very respectable sound for like $300 total. IMO, good value for the money. Still running the sub and the 6.5’s have been playing outside (under the eaves) for the last 6 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom