• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Turntable eye candy

Register to hide this ad
Blows me away the power of this site!

There were a few names I didn't recognize, but I think you're correct.

The internet is a BIG thing....and AK rules audio on it! (Sure there are specialized spots but, for general audio....seeing only a "few names" you didn't recognize?) Thanks for that TT link too!
 
Who wants to have some fun and hit them with one big Cease & Desist order for all of those stolen pictures? :D
 
:banana::banana::banana::banana: I made the # 4 spot :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yeah, I was looking at that. Love that TD-150 you have... I was originally-trying to buy a TD-160 with an upgraded 3009 tonearm, but I got outbid and ended up buying a Dual 1019 instead (which I DO love), but part of me wishes I went looking for one of the other Thorens models. I don't know. I'm fascinated with the Dual stuff too, so it was a win/win, but I still yearn for a Thorens. I need to know.... ya' know?
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I was looking at that. Love that TD-150 you have... I was originally-trying to buy a TD-160 with an upgraded 3009 tonearm, but I got outbid and ended up buying a Dual 1019 instead (which I DO love), but part of me wishes I went looking for one of the other Thorens models. I don't know. I'm fascinated with the Dual stuff too, so it was a win/win, but I still yearn for a Thorens. I need to know.... ya' know?

GT - that was a labor of love for over 2 years. Make a mod then listen, make a mod then listen, make a mod then listen, make a mod then listen.... well you get my process.

Don't count those Duals out for being damn good performers. I had the 1009 model that I truly loved. When setup correctly with a good cart they will hold their own with many higher end tables.
 
Technics tables were one of the ones to have.

nice pics. Look like what many AKrs have. Technics made a good showing.

I remember that Technics was a BIG player back then with turntables. A huge percentage of people had one model or another of that brand and it still shows today. (I had an SL-D2 in '78.....still have it to this day.)
 
Back
Top Bottom