• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Magico Q7's (Eye Candy)

Cdizzle

Active Member
Just some Eye candy this morning for the superb Audioholics on the forum. :yes::music:


rj0d2p.jpg



2qkrzb8.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I like em! As an engineer anything that's screwed together gets my vote. That they sound as good as they look is icing on the cake,.
 
Careful folks these use boutique caps in the crossover.

There site is interesting. The speakers are dead to a rap with the knuckles and the Q3 sounds amazing. The Q7 might be way too big for some rooms, something that wasn't a concern in the past as most speakers would not overpower a room...well except Klipsch and a couple others. Now companies top offerings are speakers that will power huge rooms. The local stereo shop doesn't have a room big enough for some of their offerings.

What about the top-of-the-line horn speaker from Magico...that is something, too.
 
Are you guys serious? Do you realize the Q7's are $185,000 a pair? You want to drive them with a vintage receiver?

Why don't you put four of those mini spare tires on your Ferrari Enzo. That makes just as much sense.
 
Are you guys serious? Do you realize the Q7's are $185,000 a pair? You want to drive them with a vintage receiver?

Why don't you put four of those mini spare tires on your Ferrari Enzo. That makes just as much sense.
I'm pretty sure Jeffery was kidding.
 
This is from a different forum. This guy, needless to say has good taste in gear and a wallet that can afford it. Gorgeous listening room btw. Reading the thread, the guy is pretty serious. Custom built room within a room with sound absorption so that sound the room is completely soundproofed.

I need to win the Lotto pretty damn soon. :D

Below is his writeup in the thread:

"Just finished the building of the room. 67 diffusers from SMT, 31 Helmholtz resonators of different sizes for bass treatment. Room is built as a box in the box, so that I can listen very loud or play saxophone middle of the night without any noise being heard by my neighbors. Air conditioning is completely silent at listening position. Power supply is dedicated, and balanced (Equi=tech). Will use the room both for stereo and HT. All speakers will be Magico. Q7 for Stereo. Q7 + SCC + S1+ 2 fathom subs for HT.

Right now, I have only my pair of Q1 in the room. Will enjoy the Q1 for a few months, and then will move it to living room when the Q7 arrive. I didn't have time yet to fine tune the system or to spike the speakers. Still hesitating which amp I will use for the Q1. I have a Dartzeel 108, an APL and a Devialet. Not sure which one I will keep. The Q7 will probably not use any of these amps.
PS: I don't use the 2 Fathom subs when listening to the Q1, they are only for HT."

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


Same thread, another guy's listening room:

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Are you guys serious? Do you realize the Q7's are $185,000 a pair? You want to drive them with a vintage receiver?

Why don't you put four of those mini spare tires on your Ferrari Enzo. That makes just as much sense.

I'm sure they would sound fine,as long as you don't want to drive them to ridiculous levels.Because they cost $185,000 does that mean they need $185,000 in amplification? Watts is watts right? I would like to hear them with a vintage receiver,maybe some of you would be afraid of what you'd hear.
 
Back
Top Bottom