• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TV shows that need to come back

Holst

Addicted Member
This follows the shows that gotta go thread, what do we need to bring back to make TV worth bothering with.

I nominate

Firefly...cancelled just before it became a hit on DVD and a movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_tv

Secret Agent/Dangerman/The Prisoner... there have been something like four different series already, how about number five.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058846/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061287/

Red Dwarf....the killed off Lister for the umpteenth time, so what happens next other than long standing movie rumours.
http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf

I'm sure I can come up with more, how about you.
 
Register to hide this ad
I second Firefly. Heck, anything from Joss Whedon would be welcome, though he deserves his current break.

I loved Sports Night, would love to see another show by the same writer(s) directed as well as that director and performed as well as that ensemble.

I would love to see an update on the campy Max Headroom. They could totally CGI him in 3-D in a virtual environment, and make his quirks more subtle.
 
Forget the charges of FOX having one political bias over another, not seeing Firefly through is proof of their incompetence in programming. I could not agree more on seeing this one return, cast intact. Including the dead ones!

browncoatspatch.jpg


Onto other shows -

The first one is not an exact remake but a hybrid that combines elements of "Stingray", "The Equalizer", & "The Saint". Make the protagonist a dotcom multimillionaire who has the funds to back his plays and is now looking for meaning in his life after selling out. He could have just fallen into this role by deciding to travel the US/Canada/Mexico and somewhere in the hinterlands he stumbles across someone needing help outside the system. This leads to his epiphany and as he has numerous contacts from his former life, he knows who can assist him. Anyways, I'd like to see a show along those lines. I'd put Duchovny in this role.

Another, Night Gallery. Let it be a clearinghouse for new & old directing and writing talent about the ironic, bizarre, or supernatural bends.
 
"The Cosby Show"

Well, sure Bill's probably too old now, but as a parent now I can't say enough about what this show did. Loving parents teaching and caring about their children, and dealing with real problems all while being hugely entertaining at the same time.
Cosby really got it and still does
 
:drool: Hi

you transatlantical new europeans and others won't know...

since i was 15 in the late 60s i await for the comeback of a french anvantgarde cartoon series:

Les Shadoks

shadoks_serie.jpg


i was waiting all week for friday night to see this totally unconventional strange clips with a very interesting philosophical output like:
"You'd better pump even if nothing happens than risking something worse happens if you do not pump" (The Shadoks)

The story was two planets, on one lived some birdlike punks called the Shadoks, on the other the GiBis, (french/british).

nourrit.jpg


The gibis had their brains in their bowlers, thats why the shadoks tried to steal the hats...

navbarlogo



Their complete Language was "GA BU ZO MEU"

cerveau.gif


and they calculate like

calcul.gif


their interplanetarian vehicle was alike this

recyclage.gif



http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=1200252411475840230
http://www.kewego.de/video/iLyROoaftwHG.html



if you want more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Shadoks
http://leocat.free.fr/shadok/index.php
http://www.lesshadoks.com/index2.php?page=10
http://www.pierre-et-strategie.fr/english/e_shadoks/e_shadoks.htm
http://cqfd.epfl.ch/page59023-fr.html
http://glenn.sanson.free.fr/killtheshadoks/index.html

oh, i want it back!!!!!!
 
Yeah, "Night Gallery" would be great, as would the little-remembered now "Darkroom". "Crime Story"-I loved Dennis Farina in that one..I don't know what I liked the best about the series, the women, the music, the cars, or the fact that all the guys who played in it were UGLY. Definately NOT your typical Hollywood prettyboy series...
 
Sandy G said:
Yeah, "Night Gallery" would be great, as would the little-remembered now "Darkroom". "Crime Story"-I loved Dennis Farina in that one..I don't know what I liked the best about the series, the women, the music, the cars, or the fact that all the guys who played in it were UGLY. Definately NOT your typical Hollywood prettyboy series...

Big fan of Ray Luca.
 
Commander in chief...with Jenna Davis... that show lost its viewers because of the screw up of the network... there was a big hoopla about it ...the ratings were up there where they should have been then somebody either got fired ...quit or something in the production area...then there were re-runs for a long time ...and interest was lost ...when they brought it back for the last few episodes ...the interest was lost because of the newer shows comming out and after that it didnt have a chance ...

Just when it was getting good too... ...bummer... but the people who wrote in the the network wanted this ...then wanted that ...should'ave just let the writers go ...afterall it was just fiction...if it were real life ...well...then who would watch... get the same thing on the evening news ...

They can bring it back anytime in my book...
 
Dynacophil said:

Thanks for putting all that inormation up. Les Shadoks looks quite enjoyable to me. The figures remind me of the ones at the beginning of the original Pink Panther films from the 60's. I wonder if the artists are one in the same?
 
Dusty Chalk said:
I would love to see an update on the campy Max Headroom. They could totally CGI him in 3-D in a virtual environment, and make his quirks more subtle.
Seconded! I still miss this show, 20 years later.
Fox said that Futurama would be back. I kept waiting... until I found out it will only be on cable's Comedy Central... in 2008! Shafted yet again...
Tom
 
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E."...Anybody remember THAT one ? Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughan) & Illya Kuriakin (David McCallum)
 
Another one they could take up right where it left off (since all the characters are CGI, who cares, right?) -- Reboot. Heck, I'd be happy enough if some of the early seasons were released on DVD.
Dynacophil said:
since i was 15 in the late 60s i await for the comeback of a french anvantgarde cartoon series:

Les Shadoks

shadoks_serie.jpg

...
oh, i want it back!!!!!!
Never heard of it, but it does look very interesting (and yes, the style reminds me of the Pink Panther cartoon as well). I just hope the content isn't ...well... Teletubby.
 
Dusty Chalk said:
Never heard of it, but it does look very interesting (and yes, the style reminds me of the Pink Panther cartoon as well). I just hope the content isn't ...well... Teletubby.

No, really isn't. its from '68, its very intellectual anarchic philosophical humour, a little aimed on EG an Brit/Fra relations and anything. It is very simple drawn, but has a very complete backround, the special language and calculation, philosophical aspects in the existance of those gibis and shadoks, its very complex. it was broadcasted only ONCE 1n 1968-70, never again... thats why it makes some people remembering it really starve (i can't how many times i saw Al Bundy on 20 different channels).
I found that it was synchronized ONLY in german additional to the original french Cartoon, nobody seemed to have been interested in this.
If anyone is good in french (canadians?) they should really check the french episodes that are found in the net.
 
soundmotor said:
Thanks for putting all that inormation up. Les Shadoks looks quite enjoyable to me. The figures remind me of the ones at the beginning of the original Pink Panther films from the 60's. I wonder if the artists are one in the same?

Jacques Rouxel (February 26, 1931 - April 25, 2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaques_Rouxel

i can't find a connection to pink panther, but alot other famous stuff... the english wiki-entry is really short compared to the french...
 
Dynacophil said:
Jacques Rouxel (February 26, 1931 - April 25, 2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaques_Rouxel

i can't find a connection to pink panther, but alot other famous stuff... the english wiki-entry is really short compared to the french...

I looked for that yesterday & came up short.

I think it was just a minimalist style that many artists of that era and earlier were comfortable with.
 
Sandy G said:
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E."...Anybody remember THAT one ? Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughan) & Illya Kuriakin (David McCallum)

Absolutely! It was a great show. Very futuristic - Instead of "Open Channel D" we now have the chirp-chirp-chirp from Nextel. Same thing, only different.:scratch2: It was one of the first TV serial Spy-Vs-Spy type shows that ever went anywhere. And now for the bonus round, who played the director of U.N.C.L.E. on the show?

The other shows that need to come back are, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (am I being too obvious?), The life of Riley http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/L/htmlL/lifeofriley/lifeofriley.htm , The Little Racals, The East Side Kids / The Bowery Boys. The Life of Riley with William Bendix was a lot like today's Ray Barone, Tim Taylor, and Ralph Kramden all rolled into one. Speaking of Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners need to come back again.
 
Back
Top Bottom