• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TV shows that need to come back

Sandy G said:
There was one character actor, Alfred Ryder, they used as one of the "big-shot, bossmen" Invaders..He always played a mean, creepy bastard type...

I had to look him up but I sure remember him now.

He was the husband to this in the original Star Trek -

Salt%20Monster.jpg
 
poohsan said:
The Twilight Zone

Now you are talking! The Twilight Zone was the best! I can't tell you how many of those shows scarred the crap out of me when I was a kid. Some still do! I still get chills when I hear the Conductor calling out the name of the non-existing town of "Willoby" (or 'Will-O-Be', or however you spell it) and the Doppler effect sound of the bells at the crossing. I still watch episodes when I catch them on late night TV.

And I agree Sandy G, F Troop and The FBI were great shows too. As long as you are going there, how about "Route 66"? And what about those great variety shows like Jackie Gleason, Ed Sullivan, Dean Martin, and, of course, Rowan and Martins Laugh In.

Do you think that our kids and grand kids will be having discussions like this about today's television shows 30 years from now? Not likely.
 

Attachments

  • Twilight Zone.jpg
    Twilight Zone.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
An' "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" the original early '60s show was edge-of-your-seat suspenseful. Even the '80s version was pretty good, probably the best of all the "re-done" shows...
 
Homicide: Life on the Street. Terrific ensemble cast (though with some character changes), great acting all around, and absorbing stories. May have been the best cop drama ever.

homi1.gif
 
OvenMaster said:
Seconded! I still miss this show, 20 years later.
Fox said that Futurama would be back. I kept waiting... until I found out it will only be on cable's Comedy Central... in 2008! Shafted yet again...
Tom

I still miss Amanda Pays :yes: :yes:
 
Isn't "The Simple Life" a remake of Petticoat Junction? Sorta kinda? Except without the funny?

They should bring back Welcome Back Kotter as a gritty inner city struggle between urban youth and a down-on-his-luck formerly well-to-do teacher obliged to do some community service...or not...
 
Anyone remember "The Powers That Be"? A Norman Lear production from about 10 years ago that only ran one season. John Forsythe was Senator Powers, Holland Taylor (IIRC) his wife, David Hyde Pierce his dippy U.S. Rep son-in-law, damnned if I can remember the name of the redhead who played the Senator's daughter, Peter MacNicol was his chief of staff or something, and this hot blonde was his press secretary or an aide or eye candy or something. Great writing, funnier than hell...another eternal question; why only one season? I managed to catch a half dozen episodes on tape...still pull it out from time to time.
 
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., I just rented this on DVD, and I was pleasantly surprised. I can't think of another show made anytime after the 60s that I've enjoyed this much, certainly nothing from the 90s when this was made. I can't believe this only went for one year. Well, I've only seen the first 7 episodes, and still have a quite few to go.

The Twilight Zone, while I think it was one of the greatest shows of all time, I think they should stop remaking it. All of Twilight Zone type shows that they remade just lacked whatever it was, that cool spookyness, that made the original so good. The only show that I think compares is the original Outer Limits, which I think ran concurrently with the Twilight Zone. And some of those "Alfred Hitchcock Hour" shows were good too, but I think that may have been even earlier than the Twilight Zone. The Night Gallery was ok too, but those 2 Twilight Zone remakes and that Outer Limits remake they did I just didn't think were that great.
 
THE HONEYMOONERS ------ Now that show was a riot.

"Your a real riot Alice !!--- You want to go to the moon!"


I have 90% of all the Honeymooners on tape. James
 
The latter-day "Twilight Zone" & "Outer Limits" suffered from the incessant, politically-correct need of dramatic TV nowadays to ALWAYS "Teach Its Audience A Lesson"- and to "Go Against Steretypes". I think if I see one more gruff-but-lovable black guy as a Police Commissioner, or a Woman commanding a platoon, starship, naval vessel, researcher, whatever, I'll throw up....
 
Twilight Zone-One of my all time favorites. Only if they could get writing as good as it was in the 60's and not just remake the old stories.

Rocky Jones-I love cheesy sci-fi.

The Midnight Special-Don't we all love music?

Victor
 
G vs E, was one of my all time favorites. Why would anyone take that kind of originality and quality off the air boggles me.
 
Hawaii Five-O! I just finished watching the first season on DVD and got hooked on it all over again...now I have to wait until fall for season two to come out...rats! Also...Rat Patrol, Combat, Mission Impossible, Wild Wild West, and Medical Center!
 
Back
Top Bottom