• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TV shows that need to come back

Get Smart - obviously need some new characters.
Adams Family - same deal.
Dangermouse - cartoon.
Rocky & Bullwinkle - cartoon.
Fernwood Tonight - Martin Mull
The Kids in the Hall - various
 
Sandy G said:
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E."...Anybody remember THAT one ? Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughan) & Illya Kuriakin (David McCallum)

In 1986, one of the local Boston TV stations played every episode of U.N.C.L.E over the summer during the week at 11:00PM. My wife & I started watching from the very beginning when they were B&W all the way through color and what we were amazed by was how much adult content was slipped past the standards boards. Frankly, what we take for granted now was really pushing the envelope and in many cases popping it altogether on U.N.C.L.E. I can recall over and over after Solo (it was mostly Solo) would deliver a one liner about whichever female was closest and we'd look at each other and say "I can't believe they got that through!" or "Did he just say what I thought he said?". You could not recreate that today and is really one of the things that made the show fun to watch, the running un-PC commentary. Goes hand in hand with Playboy, the batchelor pad, & Hai Karate of the day.

I am not sure I would want to see this one brought back unless it could come anywhere close to what the original was. But they couldn't do that, they would have to make it a reflection of today which to me, wouldn't be all that interesting. The original was near perfect and would be really tough to improved upon. I'd be afraid of it getting the recent Kolchak treatment.
 
About any of the Irwin Allen shows- "The Time Tunnel" especially. Of course, being the misanthropic malcontent I am, guess which character on "Lost In Space" I liked best ? That's ANOTHER one they could bring back- Remember getting the Shite scared outta you by some of those aliens ? The one that STILL brings chills is that one that had the machine where anything you thought of, it would make it...And, of course, You-Know-Who tools it up & had to face that alien who looked like a 3-week dead guy covered w/cheese...
 
Sandy G said:
Of course, being the misanthropic malcontent I am, guess which character on "Lost In Space" I liked best ?
200px-Dr-Smith-oxygen-mask-1966.JPG


Oh the pain.......
 
I loved Lost in Space for the first season, but like Voyage to the bottom of the sea, it lost that spooky feel when it went color.
 
..."Sit back as the Control Voice takes you from the inner mind to The OUTER LIMITS"...The 1963-65 version, while a bit uneven, was still one of the greats..The later version in the '80s & '90s, was too much into being Politically Correct, touchy-feely, & Teaching a Lesson than being scary...
 
I was too young to be much impressed by Penny. But that Cessna 310-Va Va Va Voom..<grin>...Anyone remember another one from that era, "Highway Patrol" w/Broderick Crawford ?
 
Another good one from my childhood was "F Troop"...Never saw the Sat Nite live parody of Highway Patrol...Anybody remember "The Invaders" ? Were there REALLY any invaders or was David Vincent crazy?...An' that other Quinn Martin offering, "The FBI...Starring Efrem Zimbalist Junior". He didn't look like no Efrem Zimbalist Junior, he looked more like somebody's Uncle Bob..."Efrem Zimbalist Junior" sounds like a name for a steakhouse, kinda like "Ruth's Chris Steak House"... "Efrem's Zimbalist Junior Steakhouse"...Think about it...Yeah, I know...It's about time for me to go take my Meds, so's I'll calm down...
 
Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Sandy G said:
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E."...Anybody remember THAT one ? Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughan) & Illya Kuriakin (David McCallum)

As I am sure you know, David McCallum is on "NCIS" as Doctor "Ducky" Mallard.

On one episode, Kate asks "what was Ducky like as a young man?"

Gibbs replies "He was a lot like Illya Kuriyakin".

Thought I would fall out of my recliner. How many people do you think GOT that one?
 
I third Firefly. Great show that I only saw as dvd with my 16 year old. Got him hooked and saw all the episodes and Serenity in the HT setup. We bonded on that show. Man from Uncle was campy but fun. i liked the McGyver series.
 
Sandy G said:
Anybody remember "The Invaders"?

I was too young to see it when it was on network but saw most of the episodes in syndication many years later. Unfortunately I have not seen it since. What I do recall though is that it seemed far more sophisticated in writing and character development than other shows of the era. It was not at all predictable and very gloomy. I'd like to see it again as I wonder how much of the show could be considered allegory towards the Cold War?
 
I remember that the proof of "The Invaders" was always JUST out of reach...Like in "The X-Files"...There was one character actor, Alfred Ryder, they used as one of the "big-shot, bossmen" Invaders..He always played a mean, creepy bastard type...
 
Back
Top Bottom