• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Twice Bitten Sansui 9090DB

It doesn't say to do that in the link from post #34.
True, the Dolbly Bypass thread doesn't mention the Tone board or the Equalizer board. My stereo however does have connections between those two boards and the Dolby board, which is why I've been asking about these two black wires for some time now. (both here, and on the other thread).

I think I've only read from 3 members now who have done the bypass on their receivers, and they make no mention of these connections, or if they're something that need to be paid attention to.

So what's a person to do? Just remove the 36 ribbon connections, complete the 4 jumpers and relocate the signal wires on the push switch, remove the power wire from the Dolby board, and then the Dolby will be bypassed and the Tone & Equalizer boards will still function properly? (while they're still connected to an isolated Dolby board.)
 
Last edited:
True, the Dolbly Bypass thread doesn't mention the Tone board or the Equalizer board. My stereo however does have connections between those two boards and the Dolby board, which is why I've been asking about these two black wires for some time now. (both here, and on the other thread).

I think I've only read from 3 members now who have done the bypass on their receivers, and they make no mention of these connections, or if they're something that need to be paid attention to.

So what's a person to do? Just remove the 36 ribbon connections, complete the 4 jumpers and relocate the signal wires on the push switch, remove the power wire from the Dolby board, and then the Dolby will be bypassed and the Tone & Equalizer boards will still function properly? (while they're still connected to an isolated Dolby board.)

It may help (get you more views and answers) to post that as a specific question in a separate thread. "How to Dolby bypass with tone and eq boards in Sansui 9090DB".
 
Back
Top Bottom