• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

PrestigeWW

Active Member
Thought I'd add a few pics of my own. Still breaking in the new speakers and preamp..

5503294837_c0b1894988_b.jpg


5503300449_a9d9592558_b.jpg


5503303231_ec61a73e8f_b.jpg


5503303685_0b3e6b49e8_b.jpg


5503893626_be3245f16f_b.jpg


5503301129_b180ec0c83_b.jpg


5503896216_078320eb68_b.jpg


5503304675_ab290d0f5e_b.jpg


5503313999_d32e971935_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I love the room with all the windows, it looks like a very nice spot for relaxing with some music.
 
That looks really inviting! I'm doing some two-channeling myself, also with Zeus, who's one of our cats. ;)
 
Zeus is so cute and your equipment is smokin'. It is a very picturesque room with all those windows. Seems like a very serene place to lose oneself in the music.
 
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the kind comments.

Z and I spend countless hours in this room. It's especially relaxing at night. There's just something about spinning records with the glow of tubes and blue meters in the background. Of course, the scotch helps too..

5504676074_85e546087e_b.jpg


5504678136_efe885a953_b.jpg
 
That is an outstanding setup. I am curious, what made you choose the gear you have? There is always a story or reason and you seam to have all the right reasons.
 
That is an outstanding setup. I am curious, what made you choose the gear you have? There is always a story or reason and you seam to have all the right reasons.

Thanks Challenger. Most of it was purchased at different times. The McIntosh amp originally was part of my HT (always loved Macs since I was a kid - great build quality, cool blue meters, and plenty of power). I had an old Oracle Paris TT and purchased the Sonic Frontiers phono preamp on Audiogon after listening to a similar model at a friends. He then upgraded to the Aries, and I fell in love with it and bought one too. Added a Shelter 501 mk II because the sound blew me away when I compared it to my old Grado Platinum.

The Cary preamp is the only thing I bought sight unseen. I wanted as good of a tube preamp as I could afford, and the Cary got rave reviews. Plus it looked pretty badass IMO. I actually bought a McIntosh c2200 used on Audiogon, but the deal fell through at the last minute. I consider myself lucky, because I snatched this up soon after on the same site for a decent price.

As for the Focus Audio speakers, I just got lucky. I wanted small floor standers (my room just isn't big enough for true full range speakers). Called a dealer about some Acoustic Zen Adagios after reading some rave reviews. He had a pair of FAs and suggested I listen to them instead. You can see where that led - the pair in my room arrived last Wed. Had some Canton monitors before them - good speakers, but no comparison.

Thanks for the interest..
 
Back
Top Bottom