• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Two receivers connected – one used as power amp?

Raphaz

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I currently have a Nikko NR-1219 receiver hooked up to a pair of KEF Q500's and a KEF PSW 2150 subwoofer (the latter run through Pre-out/Main in). I listen to vinyl, CD's and streaming/mp3, in a large loft space with heigh ceiling.
I own another receiver, the Yamaha R-2000 which has a lot more power (at least on paper) but to my surprise, when compared, feels like it has a bit less headroom/color than the Nikko, if that's an accurate description (maybe it's just "too clean"?).
Question: Can I use the Yamaha to boost the power of the Nikko? Or is there any benefit and way of using both receivers? What can I do and how would I do it?
I should probably mention I'm neither a technician nor specially skilled in stereo gear/setup – but I have picky ears.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
No. The only booster that I know of was a Musical Fidelity product that failed to find a mkt. I strongly suggest you use only 1 receiver til you find out which end is up.
 
Back
Top Bottom