• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

University UC-153 15" Diffaxials, anyone familiar?

I've decided to restore these to whatever extent I am able. I am on the hunt for a replacement UXT-5 tweeter and while I'm waiting I will do some work on the veneer. Most of the damage consists of chipped edges, with the exception of some lifting on the top of one where water damage occurred. I've started by gluing and clamping down the peeling area. I also have a little repair to do around the whizzer cone.

IMG_4809_zps49d5553c.jpg

IMG_4810_zps9f4d320c.jpg

IMG_4811_zpscc549815.jpg


They aren't ever going to look new but I can make them look a lot better.
 
Great find! Those are speakers most can only dream of having! Nobody will ever come to visit without exclaiming over these. Great!
 
Back
Top Bottom