• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Unxepected Free JBL score !!!!!!

I picked up a pair of L110s and a pair of Klipsh KG5.5's at a garage sale on Saturday for $120. The surrounds on the L110s are shot and the cone on one is also screwed up. So actually all I need is one of your woofers. I'll be right there. :D

You scored big time on those you found. Way to go!!! :thmbsp:

The foams are shot on mine as you can see, the cases are in pretty good condition....some lemon oil and beeswax is making them shine again....

One of the mids has a small tear about 1/4 of an inch long it starts just below the black coated portion and ends well before the dustcap.......a little glue smeared into the very small and clean tear has sorted that out......i hope......
 
[QUOTE="This old thing says McIntosh but it isn't a computer, and it has a bunch of light bulbs in it that are probably burnt out. Better send it to the dump."[/QUOTE]
:lmao:
 
Congrats........

Howdy,
Heck of a save, those are Great speakers, I love mine, my favorites of 6
pairs of JBL's around here......Enjoy em', Cheers,T
 
Great idea using the speakers as a support for the rest of the system !!!

:thmbsp:

Yeah, but it's too tall with the L-110's. I'm thinking about building new cabinets to shrink the height. I just measured and the minimum for the drivers is 19-20" so if I keep the same width and just add depth it could work. I have a whole set of spares too, :scratch2:

Any hoo, nice find, I'm sure you will enjoy them.:thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
I am running them now *Ducks* VERY low volume and on there backs......to see if all the drivers work.......and.....YES they do !!!!!

Sound great even at low vol.....

...and then you stopped, right? Please tell me you stopped...great score, now be patient & wait for the foam to get done. These are very good speakers!

je
 
You need to slap your pal at the store for not calling you!!!!

I have been trying to work out who, in the shop would have put them in the trash and i think it was the other girl that works there....

They make the vast amount of there income from beds, stoves , fridges, tables ect.......speakers are something that gets in there way and they don't understand........so they junk them.......

But they keep the shelf of orphand Yorx, and LLoyds speakers....
 
I'm wondering how similar these sound to the JBL L100s. They look to be a little bigger and of denser construction. Can anyone confirm/deny? I'm sure they'll sound great.
 
I'm wondering how similar these sound to the JBL L100s. They look to be a little bigger and of denser construction. Can anyone confirm/deny? I'm sure they'll sound great.

I like my L110s much better than my L100s. Better high frequency extension & clarity, more controlled low end, flatter response, quite a bit better off-axis. Not too different in size or cabinet construction, the cabs vary by a couple of inches here & there. Crossovers are vastly different, the L110s are far more complex. L100s have 12" accordian-surround woofers, L110s have 10" foam-surround woofers.

je
 
Indeed Fred Sandford is right the later dome tweeter JBLs sound *much* better than the L100s. My 4313bs sound as good as *any* speaker I have ever heard and I have heard many dozens of different brands and models of high quality speakers.
 
I have a pair of L96s and L166s, pretty similar to 110s especially the 96s. Very good speakers. Congrats, I believe you will come to appreciate them more and more :thmbsp:
 
Hey Neil...where exactly in Atlantic Canada do you live? I may swing by and check out the trash at that thrift store!!:music::D
 
Back
Top Bottom