• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Van Halen's "A Different Kind Of Truth" Details

needforspeed

HERE’s JOHNNY.
Subscriber
Yes that's the title, An FOff to Sammy I'm sure. The disc contains 3 tracks that almost made it to the debut LP, And Fair Warning. The single, Due out tomorrow is Tattoo. There are 20 sec snips of it around the WWW.
Tour ticks on sale 1/14. There is a pre-sale. That's it for now.

VAN HALEN: Bonus DVD Details For Deluxe Edition Of 'A Different Kind Of Truth' Revealed - Jan. 7, 2012
According to MelodicRock.com, the deluxe-edition version of VAN HALEN's much-anticipated new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", will contain a bonus DVD featuring four brand new acoustic-performance videos titled "The Downtown Sessions" including the songs "Panama", "You And Your Blues", "You Really Got Me" and "Beautiful Girls".

"A Different Kind Of Truth" track listing:

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is now officially confirmed to arrive on February 7 via Interscope.

The first single and music video from "A Different Kind Of Truth", called "Tattoo", will arrive next Tuesday (January 10). A pre-order is available at Amazon.com.

The set will be the group's first all-new collection since "Van Halen 3" was issued 13 years ago, and its first with singer David Lee Roth since "1984".

VAN HALEN returned to the stage for the first time since the end of its 2007/2008 reunion tour on Thursday night (January 5) when the band performed at the tiny Cafe Wha? nightclub in downtown Manhattan.

The setlist for the evening's show stuck to VAN HALEN classics from the six albums of the initial David Lee Roth era, with the exception of a tune called "She's The Woman". That song originally appeared on the 1976 demo, produced by KISS bassist Gene Simmons, that got VAN HALEN their record deal with Warner Bros. It was left off the group's 1978 debut but has been resurrected for the new disc.

At the same time, VAN HALEN released details of its upcoming North American tour, which will kick off on February 18 in Louisville, Kentucky. Tickets for the tour will begin going on sale January 14. KOOL AND THE GANG will open for VAN HALEN on selected tour stops.

:yippy:
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm going to try to score some tickets for the Atlanta show...I saw a few of the other ticket prices and they didn't seem as expensive as I thought they would be:thmbsp:
 
Kool and the Gang ? Was KC and the Sunshine Band not available ?

If they play their early funk stuff, guaranteed the crowd will be PLENTY lathered up by the time VH comes on. :yes: I saw Kool in '77, and those boys could lay it DOWN!!! :thmbsp:
 
Yep, Sammy's a great rock singer but DLR is Van Halen. Too bad Michael Anthony isn't on bass and singing background vocals.
 
Sorry, Been lagging on my VH research duties, Had A KILLER of a flu. Like Tattoo a lot, But it took about 10 run throughs. It sounds much better on our rigs, Than the radio. Also, A good crank it up tune. Trust me, There are some killer rockers on ADCOT. This was just a taste.
 
It grows on you after a few listenings. VH lost me for some time with Sammy (not nocking them at all) I just grew up as a teen in the 1970's with David Lee Roth and can remember the first time hearing them at a buddies house. The raw sound of "Tattoo", sounds like they are back minus one, (Anthony) but thumbs up for Wolfgang.
 
I have to follow up, I still am a big Sammy Hagar fan going back to the Montrose days, just a pretty cool performer and a living legend still doing his thing.
 
I brought the deluxe vinyl release of A Different Kind of Truth: Vinyl Tour Collector's Edition, and it came with a digital download of the album that was released at midnight this morning. I wasn't digging Tattoo very much, but it's growing on me, but the rest of the album ROCKS!!!

I grew up on Van Halen in So Cal in the mid to late 70's, and listening to this album is taking me back like those last 27 years never happened. I just hope the CD isn't mastered like most CD's and victim of loudness wars. The Foo Fighters new release was unplayable, but the vinyl and digital download Wasting Light sounds great.

I'm impressed with A Different Kind of Truth. :music:
 
I am also a Van Halen fan from the first album and I just have to say WOW ! I never expected it to be this good . I am just blown away . The recording (CD) is so-so IMHO but I am digging the tunes . I am so glad it turned out great !
 
Back
Top Bottom