• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VEVOR Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner 6L - Any Opinions?

Register to hide this ad
I am also using the Vevor TH-30A (6L capacity) and I get this white residue on the bottom of the tank. I do use 1-2 drops of ILFord directly on the record when cleaning on a VPI machine, but I do a rinse cycle also. Does anybody get this residue that doesn't use ILFord or Photo Flo-200, thanks
 
This particular bath has transducers placed at bottom. In this case better if transducers are placed at side, like Branson, because when we clean vinyl, we operate bath without lid, but waves should be reflected. However it works anyway.

P.S. And remember - you need vacuum cleaner anyway, to suck out all loosened debris after cleaning. Drying is not a method. If you want budget cleaner buy from KAB this one, with the same top plate as in Nitty Gritty:

 
Last edited:
Get it. I love mine and has made records sound great. I had stopped listening to them because of clicks, pops, and static.
 
I love mine too. I use Tergikleen and distilled water in the Vevor. 20 min. at 35C. Then Spin-Clean w/ distilled water, and air dry. Great results!
 
I have a Vevor also. I got the one with the manual knobs. Leery of the digital controls. Use distilled water with 12-15 drops of Tergikleen. Heat up to 85-90 degrees. Run it for 25-30 min. Rinse with distilled water and wipe with microfiber cloth. Sit in drying rack for a couple minutes. Done!
I've cleaned around 50 albums since buying with no issues yet.
 
Then you have no problem. What you can't see doesn't make you feel bad ;)

I have a Vevor (digital controls) 6L ultrasonic cleaner and have been using it 4-5 times a year for 2-1/2 years now. I also have a USB microscope. That's not been needed to check the results of a cleaning cycle though, because my ears can certainly detect when the record didn't come clean. So far, there's been ONE album that persistently will not come clean of all the tics. No vacuum system has even come close to getting records cleaner than the ultrasonic system, and the proof to me is found with the USB microscope...in checking the microline or Shibata stylus after playing a few cleaned records and seeing no buildup of gunk.

I will add that it never matters what I do or don't see. What matters to me is what I HEAR!
 
I have a Vevor (digital controls) 6L ultrasonic cleaner and have been using it 4-5 times a year for 2-1/2 years now. I also have a USB microscope. That's not been needed to check the results of a cleaning cycle though, because my ears can certainly detect when the record didn't come clean. So far, there's been ONE album that persistently will not come clean of all the tics. No vacuum system has even come close to getting records cleaner than the ultrasonic system, and the proof to me is found with the USB microscope...in checking the microline or Shibata stylus after playing a few cleaned records and seeing no buildup of gunk.

I will add that it never matters what I do or don't see. What matters to me is what I HEAR!

We all use ultrasonic cleaners, I believe you misunderstood something. What I try to explain - you need to use vacuum cleaner AFTER ultrasonic cleaning. Because after US cleaning there are many debris left in grooves what should be sucked out.

And this one is all what you need:
KAB Electro Acoustics http://www.kabusa.com

I have Moth and Nitty Gritty cleaners, but after US cleaning all you need is simple vacuum cleaning machine.
 
Last edited:
We all use ultrasonic cleaners, I believe you misunderstood something. What I try to explain - you need to use vacuum cleaner AFTER ultrasonic cleaning. Because after US cleaning there are many debris left in grooves what should be sucked out.

And this one is all what you need:
KAB Electro Acoustics http://www.kabusa.com

I have Moth and Nitty Gritty cleaners, but after US cleaning all you need is simple vacuum cleaning machine.

OK, I get it. And you haven't acknowledged that the crap that you say an ultrasonic cleaner DOESN'T get out would be all over the stylus...but it isn't there. It can be suspended within the US cleaner's solution, already drifted to the bottom of the tank, or possibly reattached to the surface of the wet record as you pull it out of the machine but I doubt seriously that it gets back into the depths of the grooves.

I truly haven't heard any indication of grime being on my freshly-cleaned records, other than that one copy of Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" that I bought used and can't seem to get totally clean no matter what I do.[/I]
 
OK, I get it. And you haven't acknowledged that the crap that you say an ultrasonic cleaner DOESN'T get out would be all over the stylus...but it isn't there. It can be suspended within the US cleaner's solution, already drifted to the bottom of the tank, or possibly reattached to the surface of the wet record as you pull it out of the machine but I doubt seriously that it gets back into the depths of the grooves.

I truly haven't heard any indication of grime being on my freshly-cleaned records, other than that one copy of Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" that I bought used and can't seem to get totally clean no matter what I do.[/I]

You remove the record from the US bath, in which dirt is floating, and even if it is shaken out of the grooves, it can stick to the surface of the record. And after complete drying, you have dirty record again. It is best heard on an ELP laser player. The best way is to clean record with US, suck with vacuum cleaning machine and after final drying in rack bring a new inner sleeve. I prefer Nagaoka.

And I use cofee machine filters to filter liquid after cleaning and reuse.

P.S. As liquid for US I use Hannl record cleaning concentrate with distilled water in the same proportions as for their vacuum cleaners. Befeore I used IPA with distilled water 30/70, it was OK, but I am tired to replace unglued vacuum cleaner tops, so switched to Hannl.

I advice to consider KAB cleaner, it is only $149, but do its job as every cleaner. Except it is manual rotation.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom