• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VEVOR Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner 6L - Any Opinions?

Thank you @Ken Mitchell and @Jeff449, I appreciate the feedback. So, still a brush before play to pick up those little straggler dusties.

And I love the instructions on sliding out the record. It seems that is what my interest in records is all about. The tactile involvement with the media. The mechanicals of the smooth running gear…

Happy listening!

Smiley
This is my method.
And I use an old toothbrush to flick dust/hairs off the cleaning brush ever-so-often. So don't touch with oily hands.
 
After reading people's opinions on these I was about to pull the trigger but then remembered all of the other items on my wish list and the conflict with my household's annual budget, hah

Does there happen to be anyone in Maryland or DC area who has one of these cleaners who will rent it to me for a week?
 
After reading people's opinions on these I was about to pull the trigger but then remembered all of the other items on my wish list and the conflict with my household's annual budget, hah

Does there happen to be anyone in Maryland or DC area who has one of these cleaners who will rent it to me for a week?
Possibly. Send me a PM ("Start a Conversation")
 
How many records in one cycle do you clean? I'm not that happy with the UC so far. Tried 2 records but no better results.....
 
8 at a time. Works great. Water gets thrown out after every session. Run a degas cycle before cleaning. More expensive US cleaners have a setting for degas, but a 5 min run with nothing in it (ie:the water) does the same thing. You only have to degas once per session.
 
Last edited:
8 at a time. Works great. Water gets thrown out after every session. Run a degas cycle before cleaning. More expensive US cleaners have a setting for degas, but a 5 min run with nothing in it (ie:the water) does the same thing. You only have to degas once per session.
Sorry I don't know what that means (ie:the water). Without water or with nothing in the water?
 
Sorry I don't know what that means (ie:the water). Without water or with nothing in the water?
A degas (de-gas) cycle with the water and whatever you're using as a surfactant. You don't ever run an US cleaner without the tank full or the transducer can be damaged. Same as you don't run it with any objects (IE: whatever you're trying to clean) in contact with the tank walls or the transducer can be damaged.

All water has entrained air in it. So will anything you add to the water (ie: surfactant). You run a degas cycle to remove as much of it as possible before cleaning objects. Improves the cleaning action. Entrained air interferes with the formation of the cavitation bubbles. It will eventually degas while cleaning too, but it takes longer. Quick 5 min degas cycle and it's cavitating as well as it can right from the start.

The Vevor is a bare-bones, inexpensive machine so they don't add many options. I'm actually surprised they even included a heater for the price they are asking for them. It works well enough, but you kinda have to have some knowledge of US cleaners and how they work to get the most out of it. Ones like my Branson (lab grade) have settings for things like Degas cycles:

fr_5239.jpg

Degas is just a 5 min cycle, so you can do the same thing on the vevor by running a 5 min cycle with nothing but the solution in it.

You also have to remember the US cleaner can't do anything for physical damage to the vinyl or dirt/dust that's already been impacted by the stylus and embedded/attached to the vinyl.
 
Last edited:
I bought one but it’s too noisy and time consuming and no less work with no better results than my old method (Spin Clean and vacuum dry) so I no longer use it. For cleaning records, anyways.
 
I have them look warped while in the bath. But, flatten back out when they cool. I run under 35°C. I Aim for 32°C.
 
For those that run 5-8 records at a time, how much space between records? I have the stock 2 records at a time setup, but could 3d print something new.
 
Back
Top Bottom