• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VEVOR Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner 6L - Any Opinions?

You remove the record from the US bath, in which dirt is floating, and even if it is shaken out of the grooves, it can stick to the surface of the record. And after complete drying, you have dirty record again. It is best heard on an ELP laser player. The best way is to clean record with US, suck with vacuum cleaning machine and after final drying in rack bring a new inner sleeve. I prefer Nagaoka.

And I use cofee machine filters to filter liquid after cleaning and reuse.

P.S. As liquid for US I use Hannl record cleaning concentrate with distilled water in the same proportions as for their vacuum cleaners. Befeore I used IPA with distilled water 30/70, it was OK, but I am tired to replace unglued vacuum cleaner tops, so switched to Hannl.

I advice to consider KAB cleaner, it is only $149, but do its job as every cleaner. Except it is manual rotation.

I get the impression that your method is the only one acceptable to you, and are convinced that none of us who vary from it are getting clean records. I assure you mine come VERY clean, and sound that way. Come on over and tell me different after I play some.
 
I get the impression that your method is the only one acceptable to you, and are convinced that none of us who vary from it are getting clean records. I assure you mine come VERY clean, and sound that way. Come on over and tell me different after I play some.

I told how it is right to do professionally. You don't want to take advice, that's your right. Your records, do as you wish, I have no desire to convince you of anything.
 
Perhaps calcium. Try coffee machine decalcifier and check your distilled water supplier :) Or additives you use. It may be dried residues of cleaned records too.
Calcium deposits are white. What I get in the bottom of the tank is brown.
 
Hopefully, when the record is removed from the US, it's being at least rinsed off completely, and not just going from the US to a drying station. I use a pressure sprayer to rinse off the record once it comes out of the US. Then it gets a wipe with a micro cloth towel. Then it goes to the drying rack. You have to rinse off the cleaning solution and any loose contamination before it dries and solidifies back onto the vinyl. I feel this is completely adequate. If it isn't...I'm not going to get that anal about it. I'm satisfied with how the albums sound.
 
Bought the Vevor last week and the Terrgikleen showed up today. Just waiting for Isonic spacers/label protectors which should show this weekend. Going to go with the stock rotation and see if I feel the need to slow it down. If I do, I think I'd rather replace the actual motor than mess with dimmers/adapters/etc.

Since getting a QX-949 up and running, I've been buying used quad records, so 50 year old records, and I'm sure they could use a better cleaning than my Spin Clean could give them. Enter the Vevor.
 
It's a lot more work and could be far costlier to change the motor. A voltage regulated power supply has been flawless for me...plus took seconds to implement and was dirt cheap.

Whatever make sense for you, go ahead.
 
This particular bath has transducers placed at bottom. In this case better if transducers are placed at side, like Branson, because when we clean vinyl, we operate bath without lid, but waves should be reflected. However it works anyway.

P.S. And remember - you need vacuum cleaner anyway, to suck out all loosened debris after cleaning. Drying is not a method. If you want budget cleaner buy from KAB this one, with the same top plate as in Nitty Gritty:

I know this thread is kinda old, I use the Vinyl Vac method to pre clean my albums vac dry them then into the vevor for 20 minutes then vac dry and distilled water rinse then vac dry. Its a process but I actually enjoy doing it. Amazing results. 412 albums this way.
 
Last edited:
I may be an outlier here, but I just fill my 6L Vevor tank with distilled water and a little 99% Isopropyl Alcohol ( as a surfactant). When the (heated) cycle is done I dry with a microfiber cloth and put in the drying rack.
With nothing but water and alcohol I'm not worried a out rinsing. I figure the cavitation will blast any crud out of the grooves which then ends up suspended in the water. Anything left on the surface once the disc is removed from the tank gets wiped off with the cloth.
I try not to over think the process. The way I see it I don't have my turntable in a clean room, and I don't handle my records with sterile surgical gloves, so there's always going to be stuff collecting on the surface. That's not a problem to remove. I use the ultrasonic tank to get the gunk out of the grooves where it will negatively impact sound quality and media/stylus life.
To each his/her own. I don't preach to anyone about what is 'best' I have my reasons for doing things the way I do and I am pleased with the results. If you want a minimal, but reasoned method of ultrasonic cleaning your records try the method I have described and hear the results for yourself. If you're satisfied great, if not keep looking for a process that gives results you like.
 
I may be an outlier here, but I just fill my 6L Vevor tank with distilled water and a little 99% Isopropyl Alcohol ( as a surfactant). When the (heated) cycle is done I dry with a microfiber cloth and put in the drying rack.
With nothing but water and alcohol I'm not worried a out rinsing. I figure the cavitation will blast any crud out of the grooves which then ends up suspended in the water. Anything left on the surface once the disc is removed from the tank gets wiped off with the cloth.
I try not to over think the process. The way I see it I don't have my turntable in a clean room, and I don't handle my records with sterile surgical gloves, so there's always going to be stuff collecting on the surface. That's not a problem to remove. I use the ultrasonic tank to get the gunk out of the grooves where it will negatively impact sound quality and media/stylus life.
To each his/her own. I don't preach to anyone about what is 'best' I have my reasons for doing things the way I do and I am pleased with the results. If you want a minimal, but reasoned method of ultrasonic cleaning your records try the method I have described and hear the results for yourself. If you're satisfied great, if not keep looking for a process that gives results you like.
Absolutely! If it works for you who is to say that is wrong! If you get the results you look for its a win! Rock on!!
 
I may be an outlier here, but I just fill my 6L Vevor tank with distilled water and a little 99% Isopropyl Alcohol ( as a surfactant). When the (heated) cycle is done I dry with a microfiber cloth and put in the drying rack.
As a former chemist in the navy, I can assure you that 70% ISO Will delute much better than ths 99%. I use 1.5oz/6L. I don't use detergents, just ISO like you. It helps break the bonds between water molecules.
 
As a former chemist in the navy, I can assure you that 70% ISO Will delute much better than ths 99%. I use 1.5oz/6L. I don't use detergents, just ISO like you. It helps break the bonds between water molecules.
Noted. I will defer to your expertise - buying some 70% ISO tomorrow.
Thanks for the tip.
 
Suggestions please…

I have a vevor US. I think my process will be; the US cleaner with triton x-100 (or Tergikleen, which is en Route), spin clean with distilled water for rinse, then Pro-ject vac cleaner, and finally, new sleeves before it going back in the shelf.

My question, now that the record is clean, what do I do before playing? A quick brush with a carbon fiber brush? Wipe with a discwasher ? What do you do?
 
What I do to pick up the last of the stay specs of duty that find the record surface in going from the new inner sleeves to the turntable is use this MoFi Record Brush. It beats the carbon fiber brush, and myriad other brushes I've got.
1000010406.jpg
 
Suggestions please…

I have a vevor US. I think my process will be; the US cleaner with triton x-100 (or Tergikleen, which is en Route), spin clean with distilled water for rinse, then Pro-ject vac cleaner, and finally, new sleeves before it going back in the shelf.

My question, now that the record is clean, what do I do before playing? A quick brush with a carbon fiber brush? Wipe with a discwasher ? What do you do?
Any dry brush will do. If you use Discwasher brush, use it without the fluid. My cleaning process is the same as yours except I air dry instead of vacuum.
Once I put the record on the turntable, I use a grounded carbon fiber brush:
It seems to work well and also reduce static.
Now that your record is clean, try to keep it clean by not letting anything dirty or oily touch the grooves, including you. A friend taught me how to prevent fingerprints on records: Don't grab the record out of the sleeve. Tilt the sleeve until it starts to slide out on its own. Rest the edge of the record against the side of your thumb. Continue letting it slide out until it is halfway, then put your middle finger under the spindle hole. Put the sleeve down and use the other hand to hold the record by the edges to put it onto the platter. Reverse operation after playing.
 
Thank you @Ken Mitchell and @Jeff449, I appreciate the feedback. So, still a brush before play to pick up those little straggler dusties.

And I love the instructions on sliding out the record. It seems that is what my interest in records is all about. The tactile involvement with the media. The mechanicals of the smooth running gear…

Happy listening!

Smiley
 
Back
Top Bottom