• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

vibrapods

Vibrapods? I use and absolutly love them. Best tweak for the price out there and best of all they really work! I have them under all my CDPs and will try them under my TT shortly.

-Dave
 
I am a little confused. These Vibrapods look like they would absorb most, if not of all the vibrations that are produced in a CD players transport system ..... But, some people are setting there CD players and turntables on a heavy piece of granite. Seems to be a very opposite approach to a vibration problem. Certainly a piece of granite is not much of a shock absorber.

To go even further, I have seen some people set a CD player on a set of pointed metal feet (looks like speaker spikes). This sure looks like it would have an oposite effect that the Vibrapods would have.

What really works?

I don't get it. :confused:
 
Last edited:
Different philosophies.
Persoanlly, I don't like spikes on electronics, they really don't work well at isolating vibratioins IMO.
Mass loading can work at damping vibrations-adding mass on top of a CD player can cut down on vibrations to some extent. Damping rings on tubes can work too.
IMO, the best way to ger rid of vibrations is absorbtion. Vibrapods work, but are not without their own sonic signature.
Personally, I use a combination of siesmic sinks and symposium platforms, under my CDP and TT.
Jack
 
Yep, it really depends on the situation. I've had a number of people who already have a good isolation/absorption system set-up, tell me that they tried the pods and they had no effect. On the other hand, MOST people who have a rack/set-up with average isolation say the pods work wonders. It's a trial and error thing to say the least. And, at the price, many don't mind trying it, especially with a money back policy. Some AK'ers have found that a combination of Vibrapods and Gutwire Notepads work very well.
 
I use a Vantage double wide rack on a carpeted concrete floor and the vibrapods have worked great for me. I don't need to stop vibrations coming up through the floor but they isolate the small vibrations between the components.....:thmbsp:
 
Hell, for $6 each you'd think they would be safe to use!

>>>VIBRAPOD Isolators may leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. <<<

I'll keep using my cork pads. Got them free.
 
Just got a set of 'pods from Omer @ OZ Enterprises (great service - ordered Monday afternoon; in my hands by noon on Wednesday) for my DVD player and front speakers. To my pleasant surprise they DO make a difference - and for the better. Most noticeable difference is in the bass; less boominess. Mids and high sound cleaner, more natural. Amazing what a difference these little things make; not huge, but noticeable and pleasant. Combined with the Maple Whispers (great cables that few seem to have heard of) I recently got from Omer as well, the system is sounding pretty good. Thanks to the earlier suggestions about putting felt under them. Worked like a charm.
 
Originally posted by WhiteSE
I wonder if the Daruma's fit inside the vibrapods..

Nope! And even if they did, stuffing the one inside of the other would defeat the functionality of both.
 
A cheap but effective damping is to use hockey pucks. I get a bag of 12 for $10. Reason I mention this is though I don't have Vibropods I do use some little balls of what probably is sorbothane and the pucks add a bit of height for ventilation, are very dense and it seems to be a good combo especially on my baker's rack which is just thick steel wire and prone to vibrate. The pods should fit nicely on top of the pucks and I would think for those that stack gear would benifit from the combo especially with the added ventilation.
Pucks is the ducks ass!
 
The thing with the pods is if the feet on your stuff can be removed and the pods used in their place the result is even better IMHO.
I have a set under my Proton AC422 CDP,the big difference for me is clarity.I don't have good ears for music,basically my ears are head boundaries, but with the pods I do notice differences.
I suggest we have a Vibrapod Day.Everyone order a set from Omer before midnight Sunday.

Alan
 
Originally posted by opt80
The thing with the pods is if the feet on your stuff can be removed and the pods used in their place the result is even better IMHO.
I have a set under my Proton AC422 CDP,the big difference for me is clarity.I don't have good ears for music,basically my ears are head boundaries, but with the pods I do notice differences.
I suggest we have a Vibrapod Day.Everyone order a set from Omer before midnight Sunday.

Alan

My ears are ok, it's that dead space in between I have problems with :p:

Even so, I can also hear a difference!

-Dave
 
Got 8 more vibrapods from Omer on Tuesday.I installed them this AM.I placed them under the pioneer and sansui CDPs.I removed the cheap hard plastic feet and placed the pods dirrectly on the CDP.
I tried the Sansui with Michael Picketts blues cd *Solo*this is an acoustic cd with lots of harp and guitar.The soundstage is very open but what I notice most is the dead quiet surrounding the recording.I am pleased again.
If you marry the pods to a Gutwire notebook you will have a sonically happy relationship


Alan
 
Back
Top Bottom