• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage grill cover material?

spartanmanor

Lunatic Member
Does any one know what type of fabric was used on the grill covers of speakers like vintage AR's and Advents? I have some older speakers that I would like to recover and like the looks of this type of fabric.
 
Register to hide this ad
Search "fabric" under the speakers forum. There are a number of links to certain fabrics. Do NOT purchase the NOS speaker cloth available on eBay. I did and it remains in a drawer.

That hemp stuff looks good, but you want to make sure sound waves can get through. Of course, if you can't use the hemp grilles, you can always smoke them.
 
Back
Top Bottom