• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Luxman parts source?

legal eagle

Sound Hound
I am looking for a "dual monolithic linear ic" (I believe the Luxman item # is DMLOI6Z0).

Luxman (in its current form) does not carry that part :tears:.

Does anybody know of a vintage Luxman source?
 
Register to hide this ad
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no source for Luxman parts. That sounds like it could be a custom IC. If so the only option is to wire in a sub board with a replacement circuit, possibly as simple as an opamp. Do you have a schematic showing this part?
 
I do have a schematic for the amp, and I'll have to take a look and see what's there about that part. Guess I'll tell my tech what you said...:tears:

And you know what they do to the bearers of bad news...:smoke:
 
If you can scan the schematic and post it or a link to it, I might be able to come up with something.
 
Does anybody know what parts the 5M20 amo share with other Luxman gear?

Or more to the point - does any other Lux gear use the "dual monolithic linear ic" ?

:scratch2:
 
I still don't think that part is bad. Did you ever get another tech to look at it?

I am gonna have another tech look it up next week, found a guy 'round here who knows his way around vintage gear - the only problem is that he is about an hour drive away, so it will take a while before I'll get to him. Actually, the reason i looked him up was your suggestion that I'll get a second opinion. Sounds like a good idea, literally.

However, i figured that in the meantime I'll get ready to the possibility that this part is actualy bad, and I might have to replace it. As there is a good chance Luxman used that part for more than one amp, well...
 
I am gonna have another tech look it up next week, found a guy 'round here who knows his way around vintage gear - the only problem is that he is about an hour drive away, so it will take a while before I'll get to him. Actually, the reason i looked him up was your suggestion that I'll get a second opinion. Sounds like a good idea, literally.

However, i figured that in the meantime I'll get ready to the possibility that this part is actualy bad, and I might have to replace it. As there is a good chance Luxman used that part for more than one amp, well...

I have not seen that part anywhere else. I also researched it and could find no manufacturer who makes a front end for an audio amp in an IC. I had thought there may be a part that could be adapted.
 
You have one option for this part, a donor unit with a good part of the same model. A custom component you have here.

My thought exactly. Hoped Luxman perhaps used that part in another component :scratch2:

Dr*audio suggested my regular tech may erred in identifying the source of the humm and protection, so lets hope my tech erred...
 
My thought exactly. Hoped Luxman perhaps used that part in another component :scratch2:

Dr*audio suggested my regular tech may erred in identifying the source of the humm and protection, so lets hope my tech erred...

I know it's an old thread, but I hope you held onto this equipment. There is a guy in the Netherlands that has replacements form the Luxman DLM made up from discrete parts. They are drop-in replacements. Very cool.

http://www.hilberink.nl/codehans/luxman57.htm

5m21(1).jpg


dml1new1.jpg
 
Yes, the DML-01 and DML-02 have been reverse engineered and are available from some sources. I have not read about any other DMLs from Luxman that have been replicated. The -01 and -02 are generally used in the preamps and power amps in the LRS and LSS lines.
 
Very cool... do you know if they used them in the 5L15 as well, or was it just the 5M/5C models?

It's good to know that there are parts available. Might even buy some for spares, if the 5L15 uses 'em.

John
 
C-12, 5C50, 5M20/21 and 5L15 at least so yes the integrated amp has the DML in it.

Probably more, M-12 and B-12 I suspect, too.
 
Got it, thanks. Just picked the 5L15 up from USPS this morning, can't wait to check it out.

John
 
5T50, the first digital tuner available. 5L15 one very nice sounding 80-watt integrated amp. I like LRS gear. Not that I own any. It was the main rig in the sound rooms back in the day.
 
Back
Top Bottom