• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage owners, if you won the lotto would you buy uber high end gear?

Vintage owners, would you replace your vintage gear with new high end gear?

  • Yes, all of it.

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Some would get replaced with new high end gear.

    Votes: 14 35.0%
  • No, I wouldn't change anything.

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • No, I would just get more/different vintage.

    Votes: 17 42.5%

  • Total voters
    40
  • Poll closed .

Rob41

Don't stop believin'
First let's keep this a "what if" poll only. This is not about vintage vs. new at all, regardless of price range.

So what would you do?

I'll go first. I love my vintage stuff and enjoy it, but if I won the lottery I'd sure go all out with some very high end new gear for sure. Several Pass labs Xs 300 amps along with the accompanying Xs Preamp would be at the top of my list.

What of my mostly vintage gear? Well for me, I'd keep the best of it but it would likely be relegated to secondary locations.
 
Register to hide this ad
Absolutely yes. I like my vintage gear and appreciate/enjoy it for what it is, but if money was not a limiting factor, I would work to aquire the best *new* that I could afford and probably not look back.
 
I like your answers. Got me to thinking and I have to say I'd have to put together my dream vintage system too. The new uber stuff would still be primary for me though. :cool:
 
I've got some old stuff I really don't need or want anymore too. Next house I get I'm going to get rid of it....but not all of it lol.
 
No I meant my system now would get replaced with new....that's my vote.
Oh, cool. :D I love looking at and reading about some of the really good stuff and just drool. One of the first things I'd do if I had the means would be replacing my gear with the stuff of dreams.
 
Oh, cool. :D I love looking at and reading about some of the really good stuff and just drool. One of the first things I'd do if I had the means would be replacing my gear with the stuff of dreams.
Well I would probably build a system like what I have now but it would all be bigger newer and TOTL.
 
Okay, now I've got to clean up my drool. Yeah, that would work. Is that the 1.2kw in the middle?
 
MC2301 McIntosh tube amplifier. With an output of 300 watts. We will need two of these mono blocked.

And two of these
The MC2KW monoblock amplifier capable of delivering 2,000 watts of continuous power and 8,000 watts of peak power into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers.
 
I sure can't find any faults there. I think coming up with power and speakers might be the easy part. C'mon lottery!
 
Back
Top Bottom