• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Speakers- The Unique, Rare and just plain Odd.

Gauss 7840 studio monitor.

Gauss7480.jpg
 
I heard the Altec 9862 at an Altec seminar at the factory one year. That was one great speaker for a small space. My favorite unique speaker to hate is the JBL Paragon. EV Patricians 800 are another model I choose not to like. I'm not very fond of Mcintosh's XRT 1k or 2k either, but loved the XR290 and could tolerate the XRT 28, all line arrays.
 
That pic of a speaker being handled by 2 guys is a clever photoshop job. Could you imagine what something like that would weigh if it were real?

BillWojo
 
How about a thread of unique, not found very often speakers from the past?

Remember when you first discovered Planar or some derivative?
qxPQTqm.jpg


Maybe the first time you saw Lincoln Walsh ohm F?
mnnHwAZ.jpg




Post the pic's! Vintage, Rare, Unusual....

I could get lost in that room for days, nice stuff!
 
I have been contemplating adding some Planar tweeters to an existing speaker system, I am considering building separate boxes to set on top like these. I can't help but wonder how important placement would be though, if they are not in line with the woofer, wouldn't that affect the phase of the speakers as a whole?
 
I have been contemplating adding some Planar tweeters to an existing speaker system, I am considering building separate boxes to set on top like these. I can't help but wonder how important placement would be though, if they are not in line with the woofer, wouldn't that affect the phase of the speakers as a whole?
I would assume so.
 
Back
Top Bottom