• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VU meters on vintage amps

Does anyone remember a stereo power amp that had a removable vu meter? As I recall it was a seperate frame a couple inches deep, and plugged into the power amp some how. I can not remember the brand, but I want to say it was a Denon or other mass market Japanese company
 
Does anyone remember a stereo power amp that had a removable vu meter? As I recall it was a seperate frame a couple inches deep, and plugged into the power amp some how. I can not remember the brand, but I want to say it was a Denon or other mass market Japanese company

Yamaha B-1
 
I love VU meters. From a practical standpoint if the speakers you're driving with the amp are a difficult load VU meters are real nice to show how hard you're running your amp.

I love them too. But they cost $250 each for real ones back then. EACH. Peak output meters is what you're talking about. Which are nice, and useful.
 
Another VU fan here. I'm working on a Phase Linear 400 this morning and looking forward to sitting and watching the meters bounce as a reward for my efforts :D
 
Which amplifier with VU meters has pre-out options?
Not much expensive. I need only phone section, and then connect to Primare I 30.
 
Back
Top Bottom