• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wedding Anniversary Today

This year's anniversary will be something pretty 'special.' On May 4th I had a total knee replacement on my right knee. Exactly three weeks to the day from that surgery, I collapsed and (briefly) lost consciousness. Thanks to 9-1-1, I was transported to a local hospital where it was discovered I was suffering a bi-lateral pulmonory embolism. In the cath lab, the procedure to "vacuum" all the blod clots in both lungs took 107 minutes. The massive clotting was, of course, resulting from knee surgery. i understand that happens about 3% of the time. Some survive, some dont. I'm fortunate to still be here. Five days in ICU and another couple of days in a cardiac unit got me stable and safe to come home. I'm well 'on the mend' now, but it's been a wild ride. Linda has been the perfect caregiver: loving and patient, and thorough as all get out!
 
This year's anniversary will be something pretty 'special.' On May 4th I had a total knee replacement on my right knee. Exactly three weeks to the day from that surgery, I collapsed and (briefly) lost consciousness. Thanks to 9-1-1, I was transported to a local hospital where it was discovered I was suffering a bi-lateral pulmonory embolism. In the cath lab, the procedure to "vacuum" all the blod clots in both lungs took 107 minutes. The massive clotting was, of course, resulting from knee surgery. i understand that happens about 3% of the time. Some survive, some dont. I'm fortunate to still be here. Five days in ICU and another couple of days in a cardiac unit got me stable and safe to come home. I'm well 'on the mend' now, but it's been a wild ride. Linda has been the perfect caregiver: loving and patient, and thorough as all get out!
Wow. I'm so glad you're ok. I've heard about blood clots developing after surgery but never heard a first hand report. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
I love hearing about these special moments. Your day reminds me of the beauty and strength of love that I've experienced too. I've even gathered a bit of inspiration from royalcrystalevent.com to keep the magic alive in my own celebrations. Cheers to many more wonderful years!
 
Back
Top Bottom