• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Rolling Stones
VooDoo Lounge
Rolling Stones Records
1994

1785903583210.png
 
My question would be....is there a need for just a data base of information....no BS, no help pages, no swap meet.....just plain old data. I guess it would be an easy place to find info. I would imagine for those who need repair/historical info it would be a great place.
It would, and I think there is a need. The AK database has done a lot of groundwork in terms of documents. As has, obviously, HiFi Engine/Vinyl Engine, but those are for registred users only, and registrations are closed. Then there is your HiFi Wiki, Vintage Knob and Radio Museum that have clear text data but no documents.

The thing is, it's not just enthusiasts looking for these things anymore. Scrapers are mining any kind of data resource to train "AI", and they're basically like a permanent DDoS attack. I guess that's one reason HiFi Engine/Vinyl Engine closed down new registrations, to keep that unnecessary traffic at bay.

All I'm saying is, what you propose would be great. It would also overwhelmingly be used by bots and crawlers that could easily eat up a hobbyist server's traffic. If there is a good solution to that, I'm not aware of it — but I hope you find it :)
 
Secret Chiefs 3, "Le Mani Destre Recise Degli Ultimi Uomini" (2010 European green splatter vinyl)

40958.jpg


This is SC3 in "Traditionalists", film score mode. Where they most often lean toward Western scores (with their signature Middle Eastern touch), this is an homage to Italian giallo soundtracks. Think more Morricone than Goblin, though.
 
Back
Top Bottom