• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

“How much does vinyl make a difference?” People will ask us about our addiction..
My answer is.. being in a early 90’s “grunge” groove for the last 2 months I bought Siamese Dreams on used cd 2 months ago, walked in the LRS today after work and still spent another $40 to have the same thing on wax.. we’re all 1/2 crazy I guess? :dunno:
IMG_0245.jpeg
Saw something in there for sale the old timers might like too..
IMG_0244.jpeg
And something that’s been bugging me for years about all these new 2 disk releases.
How is it they used to be able to release a whole album on 1 disc and now they require 2 disc’s? I get the whole “180 gram” thing but I din’t think they sound any different than old fashioned records they could fit all the songs on 2 sides.
Why did the industry do this? To make our ADD worse having to flip and swap records more often?
 
I hope everyone's having a nice Friday afternoon. Trying to stay positive, having heard more than a few horrifying stories from 25 years ago.
Having a quiet night tonight; making a pasta dinner and spinning some records.

Grateful for my family and friends, including my AK friends on this thread. I'm not usually a sappy type of guy but, the sense of community here has been incredible:thumbsup::cool:
 
Back
Top Bottom