Rapid Fire
Active Member
Mine too, my favorite Foghat album.A longtime favorite![]()
Mine too, my favorite Foghat album.A longtime favorite![]()
Wow. My record is seeing Goonies in the theater 5 times.That was also right before VHS came out , I think that slowly killed the theater experience. I remember the news had a local kid on that had went to see Star Wars debut 70 some times.
Yeah I just left my buddies place , wifey is driving. We had an awesome listening session with those speakers. I meant to add that the woofers are Carver woofers it’s just whomever owned them first put Cerwin Vega dust caps on them for some reason.Also my friend was using one his Carver Lightstar amps to power the speakers.Awesome. I’ve heard a pair of those with a Carver M-500t. I thought the garage was doing the Wizard of Oz flying thing
That was L-O-U-D
I’ll take the xformer! Never know when you might need one.Will do....all yours....have a couple albums here for you too....will get em together this week.
I guess the iron goes to the trash...
All yours.....Msg me an address...I’ll take the xformer! Never know when you might need one.
No I’m not a hoarder.
Amazing. Those can be heavy so lemme know postage. DM coming your way.All yours.....Msg me an address...
Dooood...so little probably don't weigh anything...gonna have to unsolder it...may take a day.Amazing. Those can be heavy so lemme know postage. DM coming your way.
The flat panel electrostats over on the leftside up against the wall for now. He is waiting for a part for them that is coming from Serbia as that’s where the made. Not many have heard of them I don’t think but they sound absolutely glorious. Especially in the mids , but with the addition of a sub you’re all set. Not that there overly lacking in bass though for electrostats. I think there calledNice. BTW, What are his main speakers?
Got one from that family. Great for what it is! Very listenable.Thunderstorms lurk, so I switched to this Flip 5. It's not bad at all, considering its limitations.
View attachment 3840076
View attachment 3840075
2nd time around for the fix.Evening comrades! Turntable is BACK in service. There was a nasty feedback rumble that made the woofers go crazy. I thought the table was picking up room vibrations. But today the checked the pins in the tonearm and the one I thought I’d fixed was stuck again. DeOxIt to the rescue! Turns out it was just the no/intermittent contact with the cart.
Bliss.
View attachment 3840164
Yup. When there were fewer things to read, watch, and listen to then the ones that were WORTH somthing made an impression across the whole culture. I love movies as much as music and so many films are really important to me. My kids like film too, but it doesn't play the same role in their lives as it did in mine. I was at the theater every weekend unless every single movie was just dreadful. Which did happen...I’m taking about an era when movies left an impression when you first saw them, And went back a couple times. The era of the internet ended that. The Godfather, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters. These were movies that stuck with you for years and were talked about for months with friends and family