• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The only car that did a wheelie while I was in it was a faded purple Super Bee (dunno what year) that our Army friend brought back from Hawaii.

He put a rod through the block and we had to walk over 5 miles back to his house to get my car. That was a quiet walk after the initial expletives deleted.
Kicking a Rod out is not cool lol. I remember valve train issues back then or one time a spun bearing. 427’s were pretty durable unless you did something dumb for the most part. Transmission or rearends were a bigger issue as I recall
 
I’m down to one beer a day . Picked up some smoke yesterday 35%thc ..Oh boy!

View attachment 3842625

I use to smoke like a locomotive, I’ve cut back to maybe a few times a year. I grew tired of my house always smelling of weed, and I was going through a quarter oz every day. I was rolling blunts and would just have one going from sun up to sun down. What helped me stop was I decided not to smoke inside and I’d go for a walk or go out to the back porch and smoke. That became a hassle so it was less frequent. Over time I just gave it up.

I do vape tho, not often just when I’m listening to music I’ll take a rip every so often. No smell to it, it’s high potency usually 80-90% THC. Last longer, one cart will last me weeks. It’s also more of a head high so the recovery it’s crazy. I can vape all evening and wake up for work at 5am not feeling like I was hit by a train lol
 
sticking with the jvc theme. i need to glue that badge i have on the headunit some day.....

20260924_101506.jpg20260924_101513.jpg

clapton- cocaine was playing when i went on break.

i was given a yamaha c65 preamp and just like mine, the plastic sides lips that hold the lid on are broken.

easy side first

20260923_184040.jpg20260924_083723.jpg

20260924_101459.jpg

and as i squared the edge up with a file, the whole side started letting go


20260924_094727.jpg

so it begins

20260924_095724.jpg


20260924_100619.jpg


20260924_101344.jpg

this is one of the first types of autobody repairs that i really started to specialize in 30 years ago. it's really simple if you know how to weld and solder. not all plastics are the same and others need different procedures. some don't like heat.
 

Attachments

  • 20260923_184031.jpg
    20260923_184031.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
1165-jpg.3842800

look at them both from head on and it is obvious
Yeah. That license plate bumper "lift" is unique. They sure changed body styles a lot in those days.

The 1972 Road Runner had it, too. Kinda why I thought the car might be that one. But the bumper isn't really correct. :idea:

1972 road runner - plymouth.jpg

503874481_4113189035578562_4676419939584747277_n.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom