• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I don’t know that tube type, I though it was a typo and was 6F6 but I googled it and nope just a different tube type.

View attachment 3844357

I’ve been doing some minor work on some amps myself. I’ve got a set of late 40s Stromberg Carlson AR-37s integrated amps that were pretty beat. I’ve gutted one completely and added new tube sockets and painted the output transformer as it was looking rough. Going to be converted to 6v6 power amps. Need to start the work on the 2nd one.
They are output transformerless amps. So the tubes themselves are the output device. Futterman invented the circuit. Because of the topology, the output tubes needed to deliver big current into low impedance at not much voltage. Horizontal sweep tubes did that because of the role they played in TV sets. And they were everywhere everywhere.
 
Last edited:
I don’t know that tube type, I though it was a typo and was 6F6 but I googled it and nope just a different tube type.

View attachment 3844357

I’ve been doing some minor work on some amps myself. I’ve got a set of late 40s Stromberg Carlson AR-37s integrated amps that were pretty beat. I’ve gutted one completely and added new tube sockets and painted the output transformer as it was looking rough. Going to be converted to 6v6 power amps. Need to start the work on the 2nd one.
I'm not good enough to improvise yet. Focused on getting these b@stards into their designed specs. Then we'll see about riffing.
 
I asked AI: "exactly how many times does the singer sing la in the song July Morning studio version"

AI said: In the studio version of "July Morning" by Uriah Heep, singer David Byron sings the word "la" a total of 68 times throughout the song's various refrains and final vocalization sections.
Reminds me of "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers. He sang "I know..." 26 times during the bridge.

 
I finally got around to replacing the transfer cable for my old ipod now that my CD player in my Subaru is kaput. I've been loading CDs onto said iPod.

Steve-Marcus.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom