• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Artist passing affected you the most

David Bowie still hard to take he is gone. I listened to Bowie since I was ten years old starting in 1976 Golden Years played a lot on the radio we used outside during the summer. Every time that song comes on it puts me back being outside in the summer time listening to the radio.
 
John Lennon. I heard about his death just before I was bout to go to bed that night....I stayed up all night listening to the local radio station playing his and Beatles music. I had just turned 28....and felt old. After that, Jerry Garcia........then George Harrison.....Of late, there have been too many...... David Bowie, Prince and Duane Allman come to mind immediately.....
KJR
 
I can't think of an artist that passed that affected me emotionally. However, I would like to have see what Randy Rhoads would have become though I think he was already close to the peak of his playing ability when he passed. You pay homage to your old heroes by keeping the music alive for future generations who will hopefully appreciate what was before
 
i was in high school and a big Jimi Hendrix fan when he died. i wasnt a big John Lennon fan but the fact that someone just walked up and gunned him down was very saddening
 
Back
Top Bottom