• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What audio did you gift???

Very good karma for this giving season.I want to give someone a Marantz 1550 receiver and Marantz imperial 7's but don't know anyone who would want it.Like what was said earlier not too many stereo enthusiasts around my parts.I was very happy with this at the time but have moved up.I am sure there has to be someone around that wants it just have to keep looking.
 
Gifted a nice pair of oak cabinet Miller & Kreisel 3-B satellite loudspeakers to my father in law for his desk/office. Great little speakers that seemed to be perfect for this application. Also gave him an older JVC 6-CD changer that was just collecting dust in my basement. It feels good to get people back into audio when they truly have an appreciation for the older stuff.

Happy New Year!

Mike
 
Nicely done, guys! Well, you are all making me feel cheap, I'm gonna have to say -- I only gave a PL-530 TT away. I do tend to give gear all year long, but I'm sure that you fellows do as well -- it's hard not to. :D Keep the AK flowing. :thmbsp:
 
Well, this wasn't explicitly for Christmas, but I just set up my best friend with a system for his new baby's room. Nothing special, a Sony receiver (half decent), Sony CD changer (fairly decent) and a set of like-new Minimus-5's.

And, I gave my dad a couple vintage receivers, Technics and H/K. And he gave me, no kidding, a vintage RV. Drove it home from SoCal yesterday. 500 miles in, um, 14 hours...
 
Some pics of What I gifted---Sorry its so late but hey better late then never!!!.

002-3.jpg


003-4.jpg


004-4.jpg
 
^^^

sweet looking pioneer rig


my sisters boys spent a few days with me over the christmas holiday. we don't live in the same town/state so our visits are usually during the holidays. my nephew likes music and really took to my system(s) and vinyl, he sat around with my mother and I while we listened to some good ol music. He went back home to ask his mom for a larger set of speakers for his room...

I'm gonna see what i can do to get one of my Pioneer receivers and spare turntable out to him, its the least I can do to get a good(ish) system to him so he can drive my sister nuts with the loud music. I'm such a good brother.
 
Nice!!

I see you have a PL-530/518 I have a 518 and had the 530 the TT im gifting is a PL-514 and its right up there with the 530/518!

Rock on man the kid should enjoy it!!

Shawn.
 
I'll be keeping the PL-530/528/510 but will most likely send him my old Sony PS-LX22 turntable and probably the SX-535
 
I have a 434 out in the garage, the 535 used to be out there. its just sitting on a shelf right now not being used. He should be good to go
 
This gifting hasn't happened yet, but my 14 year old daughter was over this week (she lives with her mum) and was drooling over the Marantz 4300 I have. She'd like a vintage system of her own, so I'm going to put together something really nice for her birthday. Christmas was the (ubiquitous) iPod, her birthday will be something a bit more substantial, methinks. They can't catch the bug too early as far as I'm concerned!
 
Very good karma for this giving season.I want to give someone a Marantz 1550 receiver and Marantz imperial 7's but don't know anyone who would want it.Like what was said earlier not too many stereo enthusiasts around my parts.I was very happy with this at the time but have moved up.I am sure there has to be someone around that wants it just have to keep looking.

Found someone.My superviser at work.He listens to music at home though the dvd player and tv.It was kind of hard to let go but i have better gear and need to downsize on the big speakers.
 
Introduced vinyl to a good friend of mine by gifting a newly cleaned up Yamaha YP-B4 and some d4. He had been pretty much a mp3 guy, but had gotten curious about my system(s) over the last few years, so now he's very excited. We got it all hooked up on Sunday, and he's good to go, spinning some Arcade Fire I think.
 
Back
Top Bottom