• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What audio goodies did you find today??

I bought a working Harmon Kardon HD200 compact disk player from 1989 for $15. There was a small Hitachi receiver from the 70's with no price on it that I skipped.
 
Grabbed a Technics SA-700 for 45 bucks
and some cassettes for 99cents each.
Billy Idol "Vital Idol"

Steve Vai "Passion and Warfare"

B.B.King

Great White "Once Bitten"

Triumph

SRV

Fleetwood Mac "Tango In The Night"

Laurie Jones CD "After The Crash"
She is from DownEast Maine,
give her a listen.
Got trumpets,cellos,harmonicas ,violins,
etc. in her band
and some great vocals.........
 
i scored some 6 awg (rabbit ears here)"speaker wire". six foot lengths. 4 wire. so i can use them for biamping. they have 250 volt rating. so they are a little over engineered. but thats ok. 2 bucks each i payed. the guyed laughed when i told him what id use them for. and how many watts? all sixty of them thank you very much.:D still havent cut them to suit. nor tried them yet.
 
altec coronas($30)scott amplifier($30).I think thats it. Oh yes I had to take apart and test all resistors and caps and refinish the wooden case in the altecs. They have a nice metal badge.The scott amplifier has a burnt out meter light but what do you expect for $30:D
 
Last edited:
I purchased a Kenwood kd3055 belt drive turntable at the Salvation Army for $20 dollars...shure un35mr cartridge-grayish white granite base...Gave it a test spin last night ...nice.....Any other Kenwood tt owners out there?...Sorry no pic...
 
Scored a Sony 5-Disc CD Player CDP-C79ES for $40, and made arrangements for a non working SONY SACD/DVD PLAYER DVP-S9000ES for $50(I need the parts)
 
Garrard changer , minimus 7's w/ fallen tweeter magnet , fisher STK crap receiver,
fender musicmaster bass .
 
altec coronas($30)scott amplifier($30).I think thats it. Oh yes I had to take apart and test all resistors and caps and refinish the wooden case in the altecs. They have a nice metal badge.The scott amplifier has a burnt out meter light but what do you expect for $30:D

How's the Scott sound? I'm in Victoria and thought about getting it. I searched around the web for pictures, and figured out the model number but decided not to go for it. Great deal for an 85wpc unit.
 
85 w/channel-are you sure.I thought it was 55w/c.When I called the guy I asked if it had tubes in it.He didn't know but looked inside and said it had something big and black inside(power transformer).I didn't want to take a chance so I went out to take a look.Alas it was transistors but still a great deal for $30.The face plate is perfect.He said the volume control was noisy but it seemed fine to me.I always clean the inside with paint brushes to get rid of the dirt and dust.Maybe that fixed it. Here are some pictures of the inside.
 
Last edited:
I got my KEF Q10s back from my brother. Went to install them in the restaurant my sister-in-law runs and we found some similar-sized JBL M5s. I'd rather a BMW M5 as these JBLs are, well, not real good. But sound is music to Sheila's ears so the JBLs were put in place and the KEFs came home with me.

The KEFs had been in service as a stand for a printer (and rear surround) at their house and I asked about them but then I have his preamp and power amp so he kept them until yesterday.

Now to see how they sound compared to similar speakers in my collection.
 
Tons of killer albums.Everything from Talking Heads to War to Springsteens Nebraska,Dylans Saved,Bram Tchaikoisky,several Police,Steelers Wheel(sealed),Beat Rodeo,Sinceros,Black Russian,Foxy(sealed).And then the doozies:
Cocteau Twins-Several imported 12 inch eps and albums
Smiths-Several imported 12 inch eps and The Queen is Dead.And the live Bootleg,Spanish Sun.
Jack Trax-8 12-Inch House Mixes 2 LP set.
At least 60 albums in all,about 50 bucks total.
JImmy
 
Little scores today. I bought a Yamaha 4-track cassette multi-track recorder for $20 so maybe now I can salvage some of my old home-studio 4-track recordings after my last 4-track died a few years ago.

And about 5 sealed reel to reel tapes for $5 total, and 3 empty take-up reels.
 
85 w/channel-are you sure.I thought it was 55w/c.When I called the guy I asked if it had tubes in it.He didn't know but looked inside and said it had something big and black inside(power transformer).I didn't want to take a chance so I went out to take a look.Alas it was transistors but still a great deal for $30.The face plate is perfect.He said the volume control was noisy but it seemed fine to me.I always clean the inside with paint brushes to get rid of the dirt and dust.Maybe that fixed it. Here are some pictures of the inside.

Pretty sure, I saw a picture that looked identical and those were the specs I saw, could be wrong. Anyway, today I found some Castle speakers, Pembroke and Tyne (sp?). I went to a garage sale, and there was no good stuff but the lady of the house asked me if I was looking for good speakers and told me about them. They are getting fixed up at the moment, in a day or two I'm going to see how much she wants for one or both pairs.
 
Back
Top Bottom