• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What can you hear?

Blimey,dont get into this recording and posting thingie,look what happened a few pages ago,
PS.
Is that it?
Sounded weak through my 6w pc speakers.
Advice needed.
xx
 
And?
It doesn't work,Im British.
Bragging doesn't work this side of the pond.
But good luck I'm sure you will find someone to impress.
Tut,tut,that wiring.
 
mdn.gif
:)
 
And?
It doesn't work,Im British.
Bragging doesn't work this side of the pond.
But good luck I'm sure you will find someone to impress.
Tut,tut,that wiring.

I think this was brought up in another thread, great amps/average speaks vs lol

I'm sure those little SOB's never sounded better.
 
And?
It doesn't work,Im British.
Bragging doesn't work this side of the pond.
Of course, bragging does sometimes occur over here, where it "works" insofar as it demonstrates that the braggart has a fragile ego and is trying to compensate for some perceived inadequacy, such as appalling social skills, low intelligence, or an unusually small and unsatisfying penis.
 
Of course, bragging does sometimes occur over here, where it "works" insofar as it demonstrates that the braggart has a fragile ego and is trying to compensate for some perceived inadequacy, such as appalling social skills, low intelligence, or an unusually small and unsatisfying penis.

I missed that episode of "Upstairs Downstairs" where they discussed this point. :p
 
Bragging doesn't work this side of the pond.
But good luck I'm sure you will find someone to impress.
I don't know where you see bragging, members on a audio site sharing images and vids talking about their systems is what the site is for. It's called socializing and sharing our hobby with other like minded people.
 
Very good ear...I think I must be somewhat tone deaf. I’ve been told that I seem to like my treble boosted. That probably explains my preference for hot midranges and the overpowering violins .

The following are the same track, first it's recorded with my old iPhone 6 and nothing done to it but uploading it to YT. It's also a record from Classic Records played though my system capturing the room.


The next is the studio CD file that was uploaded to YT


I personally feel the digital file is very flat and bright, it would give me listening fatigue. The piano doesn't sound real or within the room, its very thin...smallish. I do know how a piano sounds in a home and the digital file isn't even close.
 
Last edited:
The few times I recorded my system, I could hear a LOT more of the room then I can when listening to the original. The cell mic seems maybe a little too omni directional.. maybe..
 
The few times I recorded my system, I could hear a LOT more of the room then I can when listening to the original.
Well that's because you recorded the music playing in your room, that's the point of it. I have a digital recorder, I can record the playback of the front end and preamp, but it would be bypassing the power amps, speakers and the whole system interacting with the room.
 
Back
Top Bottom