• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What can you hear?

. We can also hear if the system sounds like total crap, and I would say why some are afraid to post a vid of their systems. The proof is in the pudding.

Too much processing can be done with apps on phones to make any real judgment valid.
The proof is in hearing one's system in person and some of us don't want or need to post vids on YouTube of our systems, pets, children, etc...
 
I do know one thing I didn't a month ago, Youtube vids of members systems seem to be as contentious as a cable thread. I never knew that until then and I feel it's the same insecurity and envy that spurs it.

 
Guys.step back.
A person posted a youtube video and how I see it he wanted a slap on the back and lots of kisses sent to his ego.
Ive done this and before I posted the video I figured out it sounded like crap.the system sounds great but the recording equipment was lacking so it sounded like ****.
Others have offered advice on better equipment to use,there has been good and bad comments made on how to improve the recording process and now.
Its blown up and not for the first time.
Getting back the OPs question.
How can anybody in a purist mode audition a system off a youtube upload in a lossy format?
Come on guys,you know better than to argue over this.
Chuck a fish on the BBQ.
 
So here is my daughters set up, my first real system minus the AR/XA from 1976 when I was 11yrs old. I went thru/restored everything before giving it to her. It’s a Sansui 350a, KLH-17’s and a Lab-420. I think the iPhone recording sounds like crap compared to siting I front of it and this is the first play in this room before I did room treatments. Sitting here with my “travel system” iPhone, TEAC DAC/HP Amp and BD DT990’s it sounds as good as some of the $$$$ systems posted and I know that is not the case in the real world :dunno:


Edit: it’s short
 
Post it...it might sound better on my system

Maybe that's the missing link here?

Stereo-Block-Diagram-2013.jpg


POST EVERYTHING TO YOUTUBE AND LISTEN ON COMPUTER SPEAKERS​
 
I very much much doubt it,even through your Mac,
Though video wise theres a few threesome flicks if you want to PM.

xx
 
So here is my daughters set up, my first real system minus the AR/XA from 1976 when I was 11yrs old. I went thru/restored everything before giving it to her. It’s a Sansui 350a, KLH-17’s and a Lab-420. I think the iPhone recording sounds like crap compared to siting I front of it and this is the first play in this room before I did room treatments. Sitting here with my “travel system” iPhone, TEAC DAC/HP Amp and BD DT990’s it sounds as good as some of the $$$$ systems posted and I know that is not the case in the real world :dunno:


Edit: it’s short

I only come here on my phone so they all sound the same lol.
 
Post it...it might sound better on my system


Ive just played that back,over in the UK its bad form to brag.
Can I also suggest you tidy up the wiring and employ a cleaner as that carpet is a disgrace.
You do live on your own and are rather lonely I take it.
xx
 
I really don't have any urge to get a speaker for my phone to play music, it's a phone. I haven't posted any videos because I've never made any even for myself. My computer is used when I need to print something, otherwise it never gets turned on. I like listening to music when I listen to music otherwise I'm not listening lol.

If anyone thinks it's because I'm afraid your wrong, I'm lazy, that's it.
 
Too much processing can be done with apps on phones to make any real judgment valid.
Yes, and some phones are just utter shite, recording-wise. Recordings on my Huawei FIG-LX1 sound awful, no matter what they are, probably because it's a cheap phone. I paid £170 for it new and it came with a free Huawei MediaPad T3 tablet, so you can imagine how good it (and the tablet) are, soundwise. As a phone and a Web browser fondleslab, great. As a recording tool, terrible.
 
I really don't have any urge to get a speaker for my phone to play music, it's a phone. I haven't posted any videos because I've never made any even for myself. My computer is used when I need to print something, otherwise it never gets turned on. I like listening to music when I listen to music otherwise I'm not listening lol.

If anyone thinks it's because I'm afraid your wrong, I'm lazy, that's it.

Thats the only one I have because my uncle that gave me that stuff in 1976 wanted to hear it when I got it set up at my daughters. I don’t get it for critiquing a system but it’s cool people are having fun with it :D
 
Yes, and some phones are just utter shite, recording-wise. Recordings on my Huawei FIG-LX1 sound awful, no matter what they are, probably because it's a cheap phone. I paid £170 for it new and it came with a free Huawei MediaPad T3 tablet, so you can imagine how good it (and the tablet) are, soundwise. As a phone and a Web browser fondleslab, great. As a recording tool, terrible.

:eek: Your the unknowing participant in a Chinese spy ring ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom