• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What can you hear?

Like I said “groupie clan regulars”.
View attachment 1531534
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: DaveVoohris:king:

And actually if I am anyone’s groupie it’s yours. It amazes me that you train wreck your own threads almost every time :dunno:

Those Sonar recordings did not come out worth a crap now that I have them on my laptop and listening with HPs. Another ship at the pier transmitting, ear splitting where we were working but to much background noise from the space we where in.

Have a good day, don’t see the point anymore.

:beerchug:
 
Last edited:
Lossless has been trying to enjoy this site but I find it pretty pathetic that the same old members that derail many threads are troll all his post and threads he starts. They even disregarded the moderation and quoted the moderation with arguments of it :wtf:is that about.

It's very clear to me a member willing to show what they are doing in audio, with images and vids of their system are trying to be a AK member. A member who is willing to post a signature with their equipment is trying to make them selves at home and be a member. A member starting threads to discuss what they are doing in audio is a valued member. This is what Lossless has done and has been doing.

However this is an investment^^^ but comes with a price, one puts themselves out there for attacks and trolls that are not really into audio as much as disrupting and belittling others trying to have fun. This type of member, if you can call them that, tend not to make any friend & followers. They never opening themselves up to what they have or are doing in audio. Never will they start a thread on what they own or are doing, nothing in a signature, never an image into their personal life where they enjoy the music on their system. This is a member that is protecting themselves or quite frankly maybe embarrassed at where they stand in the audio world and don't want others to see or know who they are. It's easy to be on a site and be anonymous ridiculing others about what they are doing and have because nothing can come back to you as to what your doing or have. This is a sign that they enjoy trolling others and what they are doing more than audio and their enjoyment of audio or music.

Lossless has had to be on the defensive in this threads and others because of members like this. In other threads these members are not participating there is just members enjoying discussion with Lossless and getting to know him. I can't say that with members here for 8 years or more being anonymous on this site, but we always know they will be in a thread till the end that gets closed.
 
Last edited:
... "some kid" (according to his profile, 49 years old)...

Dave,
While part of the same generation as Lossless, not all of us "kids" (I don't take that personally, quite the opposite. Ever since clerks stopped asking me for I.D. to buy booze or smokes, I've been feeling old) have the same attitude towards audio, life or ourselves.

One of the reasons people my age are not getting into this hobby is partially due to some old-timers who believe they are correct due to how long they've been an audiophile. I don't see this attitude with you or many others here at AK. An even bigger reason is the need for approval, acceptance and narcissism that plague us in generation X.

Lossless has all the makings of an welcome addition to this hobby. He rebuilt those speakers and tried to get the most sonic boom for the buck. Unfortunately, he makes everything about himself and not the gear or enjoyment of listening. If younger people weren't so obsessed with social media and realized one of the biggest benefits this interest provides...

Sitting back, relaxing, playing some music. No computer, phone or other distraction. Time spent away from the rest of the world, a therapeutic escape from everyday life.​
 
Thank you
In response to the first draft of your post, you missed the point.

The mic used with the two videos I posted in 2017 was the one on the iPhone 6s used for the recording. For the purpose, that is good enough. What we question is your expectation that the Amazon sourced "upgrade" will have a profound effect on the quality of phone videos. It's largely a horizontal purchase.

I purchased an IMM-6 calibrated microphone at Parts Express last year for the princely sum of $16+shipping. Why? For the purpose of having a fairly accurate tool for measuring SPL. A study by NIOSH confirms that model does a good job at that task. I use it in conjunction with test tones at various frequencies to empirically optimize placement of my loudspeakers and adjust the parametric EQ on the HT's processor.
 
Last edited:
Like I said “groupie clan regulars”.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: DaveVoohris:king:
It's not fan-clubism or groupies or clans but -- to the extent that it's anything at all -- perhaps a shared perspective among the technically-minded and engineering-oriented participants. For better or worse, we tend to value rigour and scientific method over feelings and experiences. Others -- perhaps yourself included -- value feelings and experiences over rigour and scientific method, or at least don't share our priorities.

Conflict often results when groups who otherwise share much in common (like AK; we all love audio) don't appreciate that there are subgroups with the same interests but different priorities. I blame myself for sometimes failing to appreciate that simple fact, and I apologise for allowing rancour to grow because I failed to appreciate it.

...

Well, that and the fact that I'm an arsehole! :D
 
It's not fan-clubism or groupies or clans but -- to the extent that it's anything at all -- perhaps a shared perspective among the technically-minded and engineering-oriented participants. For better or worse, we tend to value rigour and scientific method over feelings and experiences. Others -- perhaps yourself included -- value feelings and experiences over rigour and scientific method, or at least don't share our priorities.

Conflict often results when groups who otherwise share much in common (like AK; we all love audio) don't appreciate that there are subgroups with the same interests but different priorities. I blame myself for sometimes failing to appreciate that simple fact, and I apologise for allowing rancour to grow because I failed to appreciate it.

...

Well, that and the fact that I'm an arsehole! :D

About a yr ago my boss nicknamed one of the apprentices, Leo is now lemonade lol. So I approached him with the sole intent to offer choices for my new moniker.

I threw out a few like douchebag, dickhead, dumbass, etc but said "I'm sure great ones like those have already been picked so I settled on asshole", my boss was stunned into silence lol.
 
Last edited:
@4-2-7

It's very clear to me a member willing to show what they are doing in audio, with images and vids of their system are trying to be a AK member.

I'm just pointing a few things out and in no way am I trying to argue with you or discount your position so just bear with me.

Linked below you posted (see quoted post) and he took you up on the challenge. I agree with you in a sense that he's just trying to be a member.

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...-the-audio-your-system-produces.871954/page-2

I'v recorded my main system that well as of yet if it can be because of my room is not that great. That said if you want to naysay it, I challenge you to do a recording of your system with a phone, do a strait upload without editing to youtube and post it. Then I'll listen to it on my system I'll be able to post my opinion as to what sounds better.

What was the reason that he felt he needed to create a whole new thread for said challenge? why not keep it were it was? or better yet post challenge response to the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread (see below)

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...see-and-hear-it.782592/page-120#post-12800854

He was getting along swimmingly in that thread, and In the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread participants were/are enjoying it.I guess that wasn't enough so goes and does this, which resulted in this thread

This is the first MQA vs CD quality comparison video I have ever made. Critics say human hearing cant tell the difference in Hi-Res vs CD quality.... I will have to create my own thread in the near future to welcome all the MQA/ Hi-Res lossy controversy,
 
@4-2-7



I'm just pointing a few things out and in no way am I trying to argue with you or discount your position so just bear with me.

Linked below you posted (see quoted post) and he took you up on the challenge. I agree with you in a sense that he's just trying to be a member.

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...-the-audio-your-system-produces.871954/page-2



What was the reason that he felt he needed to create a whole new thread for said challenge? why not keep it were it was? or better yet post challenge response to the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread (see below)

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...see-and-hear-it.782592/page-120#post-12800854

He was getting along swimmingly in that thread, and In the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread participants were/are enjoying it.I guess that wasn't enough so goes and does this, which resulted in this thread

I have followed the other thread and pretty much was thinking the same as you. I think (opinion here) they like to Put a stick in the **** pot and stir :dunno:
 
What was the reason that he felt he needed to create a whole new thread for said challenge?
I guess your reading comprehension is limited. He bought a new IQ7 mic that's simple to used and plug into a phone to record stereo sound. He started this thread to show it and ask others if they hear a difference in the recordings. I actually found this mic a few moths ago and wanted to buy one, I went to Guitar Center to get one but it's only at their online store. They tried to sell me another, i'm sure better mic, but I would have to edit the audio with the vid, something I don't want to do nor how to. This little mic will record stereo and it's nice little simple unit.

why not keep it were it was?
He wanted his own thread for his new mic and to discuss that and using it. He actually left the negativity that was being posted in that thread to start fresh. But some of you just can't let people enjoy what they want to.

or better yet post challenge response to the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread (see below)
You and this challenge, that never was his point in this thread or others. But with members running around trying to wreck others fun and naysaying he and I said try recording your own system. Something tells me you will not, and I would have to ask why?

He was getting along swimmingly in that thread, and In the long running, 121 pages and counting, dedicated thread participants were/are enjoying it.I guess that wasn't enough so goes and does this, which resulted in this thread
You act like you need to tell people where and when they can post, and if they do other than that you'll crap all over their thread. You also proved my point that some of you are trolling him all over this site with your links.
 
Last edited:
Hey @Lossless, that IQ7 sounds way better than the stock mic(s), I wonder if they make them for my note 2? :idea:


We are just having fun over on Glenn's thread, we are all well aware of the limitations and none of us think for a minute that we are actually hearing the other guys stereo.
I think half the fun is in trying to capture it as best you can because if it sounds half good when played back through >>>Headphones<<< then it must have sounded dam good when the recording was made.
Like I said above, we do it for fun, I think it's more interesting than looking at a picture of a stereo :boring:.
I don't mind posting shitty sounding videos of my system here for all to see and hear, I got nothing to hide, I know my place in the grand scheme of things. :D
 
I guess your reading comprehension is limited.

That's not very nice at all I prefaced my original post that I wasn't trying to argue or discount your opinion so now you're questioning my reading comprehension?

You and this challenge, that never was his point in this thread or others.

I take it you haven't read this thread in full as your first post was this morning? I could be wrong and don't want cast aspersions but here are some of his posts prior with regards to your challenge and how I think he took it.

Well my opinion of a person thinks that loading a YouTube video of your stereo is crazy :crazy: is that they are scared to compare their system, jealous, envious, a troll, or all the above. That’s my opinion.

are afraid to post a video of their own system.

Not surprising you once again refuse the YouTube audio challenge
 
I think half the fun is in trying to capture it as best you can because if it sounds half good when played back through >>>Headphones<<< then it must have sounded dam good when the recording was made.
Yep, if it can sound half way decent picking up the whole room interaction and in mono your doing something right.

We are just having fun over on Glenn's thread, we are all well aware of the limitations and none of us think for a minute that we are actually hearing the other guys stereo.
But we can hear a difference in one members system when they switch stuff like speakers. We can also hear the difference of different systems form one member to the other. We can also hear if the system sounds like total crap, and I would say why some are afraid to post a vid of their systems. The proof is in the pudding.
 
Hey @Lossless, that IQ7 sounds way better than the stock mic(s), I wonder if they make them for my note 2? :idea:


We are just having fun over on Glenn's thread, we are all well aware of the limitations and none of us think for a minute that we are actually hearing the other guys stereo.
I think half the fun is in trying to capture it as best you can because if it sounds half good when played back through >>>Headphones<<< then it must have sounded dam good when the recording was made.
Like I said above, we do it for fun, I think it's more interesting than looking at a picture of a stereo :boring:.
I don't mind posting shitty sounding videos of my system here for all to see and hear, I got nothing to hide, I know my place in the grand scheme of things. :D
Denten, I don’t think they make the ZOOM iQ7 for android. There may be some way to modify one, USB C adapter or something. That’s something I’ll have to look in to being that not everyone is an iPhone user.
 
Last edited:
That's not very nice at all I prefaced my original post that I wasn't trying to argue or discount your opinion so now you're questioning my reading comprehension?
Again, go to the OP and read the fist page, interaction with other members, you will see the reason of this thread. He then got attacked for posting and recording his vids harshly by members. It was later at that point and I'll ride his coat tails in saying if you can't do a phone recording of your system in your room and post a vid it must be kinda bad. But yet those are the ones naysaying and putting down others who are.

As for me, look at this vid, it wasn't done for SQ, or image quality, but if you watching you will get why I did it.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom