• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What can you hear?

It's not apparent to us as to your objective(s). Better system sound quality?

Doesn't seem so as you spend your money on peripheral toys that don't improve anything. Your rack and aquarium (?) are still in the way of getting the best results with your system.

Why not buy a Chi-Fi DAC where you can replace the op amps with discrete FETs? That would improve system transparency.
Music listening and my surroundings is art to me; An extension of me. It all adds to my listening pleasure to look at my visually appealing rack of components that I meticulously built up in six months for next to nothing, and watch my fish swim about without a care in the world as I sit back and listen to high quality music on my budget Hi-Fi setup.

I don’t have to worry about non-audiophile Chi-Fi DACs that don’t support the Bob Ludwig endorsed MQA codec that I regularly listen to, or worry about anything for that matter. My system sounds lovely to ME, gives ME chills, and that’s all that really matters in the end.
 
Last edited:
https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...see-and-hear-it.782592/page-120#post-12800854

Honestly I think he has this thread and the other thread he been posting to confused. In the other thread there's a whole crew who are into filming their setups (no disrespect) and posting vids of them. They all seem to be into it complementing each other etc then for whatever reason, and I'm assuming, he decided that wasn't good enough? so he created this thread?
Ah! I wasn't aware of that thread, but from the look of it, it's the perfect place for this sort of thing. Though at a glance (I'm not going through all 120 pages!) it seems to be about appreciating systems than about trying to gain insights into the sonic qualities of systems. Perhaps some of the earlier pages -- I didn't look -- already established the inviability of doing that by remote.
 
Scrubbin the posts up - why the heck is it a beat down on the new guy night?
E-stat, Voorhiss - you guys ought to be ashamed of yourself. The same old gang of troublemakers!! And its always the same old **** - you get bored,
have a couple drinks (or whatever the F you do) and find someone here to pick on -
usually someone with a lower budget or newer at this.
Instead of sharing knowledge - you bully some kid here.
LOSE THE ATTITUDE!!
Go log off and find something else to do tonigh, other than gang up on a newcomer ...
Please, go downtown and let some folks have a few wacks on YOU - see how it feels!
 
Scrubbin the posts up - why the heck is it a beat down on the new guy night?
E-stat, Voorhiss - you guys ought to be ashamed of yourself. The same old gang of troublemakers!! And its always the same old **** - you get bored,
have a couple drinks (or whatever the F you do) and find someone here to pick on -
usually someone with a lower budget or newer at this.
Instead of sharing knowledge - you bully some kid here.
LOSE THE ATTITUDE!!
Go log off and find something else to do tonigh, other than gang up on a newcomer ...
Please, go downtown and let some folks have a few wacks on YOU - see how it feels!
Excuse me?

I'm asking what his goal is and "sharing knowledge" by pointing out the technical impossibility of what he appears to be trying to do so that I can help (in his first post he wrote "recommendations welcome, recording volume, microphone choice, room treatment, speaker placement, etc."), and in return I get taunts from the "newcomer" "new guy" (over 1000 posts) aka "some kid" (according to his profile, 49 years old), and I'm the one with the attitude?

This looks like attitude and maybe bullying to me:
Dave
If you’re scared;:eek: Just say you’re scared.
Not surprising you once again refuse the YouTube audio challenge with some wasting your time excuse...
...
Are you sure you’re not a paid troll?
... Bye Bye

Edit: same with DsWanker
Bye Bye
So does this:
Please, go downtown and let some folks have a few wacks on YOU - see how it feels!
 
Last edited:
Scrubbin the posts up - why the heck is it a beat down on the new guy night?
E-stat, Voorhiss - you guys ought to be ashamed of yourself. The same old gang of troublemakers!! And its always the same old **** - you get bored,
have a couple drinks (or whatever the F you do) and find someone here to pick on -
usually someone with a lower budget or newer at this.
Instead of sharing knowledge - you bully some kid here.
LOSE THE ATTITUDE!!
Go log off and find something else to do tonigh, other than gang up on a newcomer ...
Please, go downtown and let some folks have a few wacks on YOU - see how it feels!
Start with trolling post # 44
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-the-audio-your-system-produces.871954/page-3
 
Excuse me?

I'm asking what his goal is and "sharing knowledge" by pointing out the technical impossibility of what he appears to be trying to do so that I can help (in his first post he wrote "recommendations welcome, recording volume, microphone choice, room treatment, speaker placement, etc."), and in return I get taunts from the "newcomer" "new guy" (over 1000 posts) aka "this kid" (according to his profile, 49 years old), and I'm the one with the attitude?

This looks like attitude and maybe bullying to me:


​
So does this:
​
Excuse me!

Now you’re getting bold enough to try and flip the script, and question a moderators actions that plainly sees what you do and have been doing. Wow!

I’m a member of another audio forum that the members don’t have the convenience of hiding behind an avatar and have never experienced animosity and the childish bickering to the degree I experience it here. I joined AudioKarma mainly because of the name Audio and Karma, both of which I enjoy and wholeheartedly believe in. I also thought AudioKarma was about, “All Audio and No Attitude”. Some members are really making me question the latter.

DaveVoorhis, you’re a very very easy person to read. You have been playing your little attitude games with me since the day I joined AudioKarma and haven’t stopped. Should I go back and repost my confrontations with you from the my beginning in November 2018?
Believe me, I keep all the screenshots of our conversations.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe I’m writing a book on Internet forum bullying and speech suppression, rather than believing I’m a paid shill for TIDAL and MQA that you’ve come to convince yourself I am. You and your groupie clan regulars try and always gang up one me. Nowadays I’m pretty much immune to it, but every now and then you manage to get an emotional response from me.

I really have become an “ fn irritating pest” in your words, especially when you found that I wouldn’t bow down to you and your rhetoric. I’m much stronger than you ever anticipated and I seem to have become your #1 target. You know exactly what you’re doing, You are usually the first to respond to anything post, usually with a snide remark. You try and act like your my friend and so called “helping me” with with your infinity knowledge of audio and electronics, when actually your just taunting me. Then you play dumb:dunno: when I confront you and call you out on the matter.

You NEVER stop, you became even more irritated when you found out I was a TIDAL and MQA fanboy. That’s the truth of the matter. Why don’t you just leave me and my post alone and find someone new to agitate? Oh that wouldn’t be any fun now would it? This “BAD ATTITUDE” reply of mine will be deleted by a moderator I’m sure, but it’s documented and screenshot.:no:
 
Last edited:
And there’s my point made, state my opinion and here it comes. Funny part is that ^^^ doesn’t bother me in the least as it seem to you. Internet forums are the new sitting around BS’ing with friends. There is always the one in every group that gets butt hurt and goes high and right. Some people are to high strung for this type of interaction.

:beerchug:
 
I have recently purchased a ZOOM iQ7 stereo microphone for recording YouTube videos of my audio setup. I’m aware of the YouTube compression of audio, but this stereo video should give a fairly good audio representation. The audio in the video is recorded on my iPhone 7 as a WAV file via ZOOM iQ7 mic. The receiver Fisher RS-Z1 is in source direct mode bypassing any filter or tone controls. Speakers are Bowers&Wilkins DM640i. Any recommendations welcome, recording volume, microphone choice, room treatment , speaker placement, etc.

Recorded from 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res, ZOOM iQ7 microphone, Take 1

The 2L~ Britten simple Symphony official YouTube video
2L ZooM iQ7 take 2 4k video

2L Zoom iQ7 take 3

Sounds a bit small and congested through my phone speaker, but everything does so.........lol.
 
And there’s my point made, state my opinion and here it comes. Funny part is that ^^^ doesn’t bother me in the least as it seem to you. Internet forums are the new sitting around BS’ing with friends. There is always the one in every group that gets butt hurt and goes high and right. Some people are to high strung for this type of interaction.

:beerchug:
No it shouldn’t bother you the least. You not the one ALWAYS being ganged up on and clubbed senseless.
CC2ABA0C-D933-4F10-947F-8B25004242E4.gif
 
No it shouldn’t bother you the least. You not the one ALWAYS being ganged up on and clubbed.
View attachment 1531535

I f’ed up today at work, my guys have been riding me (make people cry) hard all day and it will continue when we hit the pub in a couple hours, they all work for me and I could give a ****, same as on here if it would happen. Some people are just more sensitive than others and it’s all good. :)

Edit: I am sitting here trying to see if those Sonar recording are good enough to try and download
 
Back
Top Bottom