• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What can you hear?

The boys are out in fully attack mode today...
No one is out in "attack mode".

I simply don't understand what you're trying to achieve. Your recordings sound like YouTube recordings of a stereo system recorded in a listening room with a phone. You've got a bit better microphone setup than the built in unit, but it still sounds like a phone recording of a stereo system in a listening room on YouTube, along with the inevitable colouration added by my own system and/or headphones. Thus, I have no idea what your system really sounds like. I only get broad brush strokes, with no possibility of appreciating subtlety like differences in source file formats and the like.
 
REALLY AKers...I buy a iPhone microphone, demo it, then...
Surely you didn't buy it just to record your stereo in your living room?

Go out and use it for what it's made for -- recording birdsongs, interesting motorcycle engine sounds, car exhaust notes, real cricket chirps, buskers in the town centre, live bands, you and your buddies goofing around, etc.
 
All I see is when someone says they don’t see the point they get attacked. I’m thinking they can have an opinion :dunno:
Well my opinion of a person thinks that loading a YouTube video of your stereo is crazy :crazy: is that they are scared to compare their system, jealous, envious, a troll, or all the above. That’s my opinion.:dunno:

There are thousands of videos on YouTube of people’s home stereos. But on AK it’s crazy, fruitless, dumb, waste of time, etc. :wtf:
 
Last edited:
I have searched gear I am interested in and watched some YT videos, I get it but IMO all you really get from them is that something may not suck or does suck, no real sense of the system or gear. And knowing people personally that make good money on their YT channels (which is view driven) the first thing that can to my mind was someone trying to up there view count for that reason. Not saying that’s the case just first thing that came to mind.

:)
 
I have searched gear I am interested in and watched some YT videos, I get it but IMO all you really get from them is that something may not suck or does suck, no real sense of the system or gear. And knowing people personally that make good money on their YT channels (which is view driven) the first thing that can to my mind was someone trying to up there view count for that reason. Not saying that’s the case just first thing that came to mind.

:)
Ok first I’m an MQA TIDAL shill, now I’m trying to get paid for my YouTube post? You guys are something else...
 
I think I understand what some of you are trying to do... Ha ha ha ha haaa...

DaveV gets it...
 
Last edited:
I know what I'm trying to do -- I'm trying to do AK whilst I try to eat a bag of Doritos and dip them in salsa without getting Dorito dust and salsa, or beer, all over my keyboard.

I'm also doing AK while listening to a V-M 1448 I just fixed/ modded for a friend. YouTube video soon to come so you all can hear how nice this tube amp sounds. :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom