• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What car did you lust after as a teenager?

Danddd

Somewhere on the Edge
Subscriber
I was driving to Home Depot on Saturday and saw this 1969 Roadrunner. I had to pull over and check it out. Did this bring back memories. I was fourteen in 1969 and really loved this year of Roadrunner. My all time favorite car. 1969 Roadrunner.jpg
That's a 1963 Olds 98 convertible behind the 'runner.
 
Register to hide this ad
Volkswagen Beetle (so I bought one, a 1969 flat screen 12volt 1500). That was in the UK, so it was right hand drive.


I always wanted something from this side of the pond, but by the time I moved to Canada, just about everything was either Japanese or looked like it should be. I did have a Chevy Suburban for a while, though. I LUV V8s.
 
1959_Cadillac_Coupe_Deville3.jpg
 
Oh God, at the time I was poor, so any of em. I did actually get my dream car in college
22642127_495450293771426_Orig.jpg

I'm a sucker for a full size 60's Mopar and I enjoyed every moment of it but I am probably lying. Too much car, too little money, too little knowledge. But won every single rolling start street drag race against the import kids(circa 2004) FntF still in full force. Its not a pic of my car but imagine in your heads it was blue. I wish I had saved the one or two photos I took of it. But priorities were different at the time.
 
Last edited:
For me it was a Big Block powered 55 Chevy Nomad, or a black 55 Sedan delivery, of course either one would have to have had a 4 speed. I still lust after them today but without winning the lottery I doubt I'll ever get to live that dream.
 
I was driving to Home Depot on Saturday and saw this 1969 Roadrunner. I had to pull over and check it out. Did this bring back memories. I was fourteen in 1969 and really loved this year of Roadrunner. My all time favorite car.

See that Starfire in the background? My father had a white convertible and that's what I wanted at the time.

But later on it would be just about any MOPAR!
 
Volkswagen Beetle (so I bought one, a 1969 flat screen 12volt 1500). That was in the UK, so it was right hand drive.


I always wanted something from this side of the pond, but by the time I moved to Canada, just about everything was either Japanese or looked like it should be. I did have a Chevy Suburban for a while, though. I LUV V8s.

I had a ‘70 Beetle that I bought in 1972. By then I’d gone European for cars.
 
70-73 Pontiac Trans Am

My Neighbor had new dark green Super Duty like this
OIP.dh4s_alSM87dq-jCNzg9KQHaE8


. I used to wait every morning as a young'un in bed to the sound of him starting it up for work an going down the driveway, It was pure heaven.

I finally got my white one in my 30's like this
View attachment 1895004

A friend of mine back in the ‘70s bought a ‘72 Trans Am. Pontiac was spelled PONITAC on the back.
 
Back
Top Bottom