• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What car did you lust after as a teenager?

A friend of mine in High school had one. He blew the 428 and his dad had Holman & Moody put a 427 and a built up driveline in it. He stayed in trouble with so his dad finally sold to his brother, (Tommy's uncle). I got to drive it a few times then and it was a BEAR!
Had to be a beast, Especially with the crappy tires back then
 
American would be a Mustang, any year before 74.

European would be the Jaguar E-Type, any yr before 71 and my ultimate dream car.

I've been lucky enough to have an example of both, and currently drive a 2017 Mustang GT.

View attachment 1895332

All that said, there are hundreds of cars on my wish list, and oddly enough many are Jaguars lol.

Imagine tooling around town in the C-Type, how cool would that be.

View attachment 1895336

I worked at ENTERPRISE rentals and drove a bunch of Mustangs, Lots of power and fun to drive
 
That Camaro was pretty fast, 350 ci with 375 hp, Add headers and good mufflers and had a very good looking quick car
Back in the early 80's I lent my buddy my L-79 powered 69 Malibu and he totalled it so I was in the market for another cool, fast car. I took a 70 Chevelle LS-6 for a test drive and it was a beast. Next test drive was a 70 Z-28, compared to the big block Chevelle the 70 Z-28 felt like I was driving a Pinto. Stupid me didn't buy the Chevelle because I didn't like the dark metallic green paint job on it. Probably for the best because I would have killed myself in that thing. It would lite the back tires up at 40 MPH in third gear.
 
My answer to the OP is: yes

lol, all of them.

My dad being a car guy with a nice pontiac collection smattered with some other stuff and working for some famous dealers, I got exposed to and rode in just about everything. Loved GTOs but for some reason by HS I was fixated on the cutlii 442s. Never owned one, my first 6 cars were old's and my 74 I built into a 350 powered clone...but never owned a true 442.

I could take just about every car people have pictured here and be happy.

I am.....a dinosaur

Ps: was really into those '310 hp wink wink' 1973 SD 455 TA's. such a great idea.
 
Back in the early 80's I lent my buddy my L-79 powered 69 Malibu and he totalled it so I was in the market for another cool, fast car. I took a 70 Chevelle LS-6 for a test drive and it was a beast. Next test drive was a 70 Z-28, compared to the big block Chevelle the 70 Z-28 felt like I was driving a Pinto. Stupid me didn't buy the Chevelle because I didn't like the dark metallic green paint job on it. Probably for the best because I would have killed myself in that thing. It would lite the back tires up at 40 MPH in third gear.
I saw a few LS6’s around, Guys were naturally upgrading the camshaft, Exhaust etc, They were not light cars, But they could definitely haul ass
 
I was into muscle cars. A friend bought a 3 year old 70 Chevelle SS 396 that I thought was the coolest car on the planet. It had a flap on the hood that would open when you hit the gas. It had a 4-speed. 4:10 posi rear. Headers were the only non-stock modification. Chicks dug it.
He sold it to me about a year later. Looked just like this before getting it painted.

chevelle70ss.jpg
 
1973 Saab Sonett III.
Heh, ya. Don't judge me.
1973-saab-sonett-iii-2-right-front.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom