• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

"STOP SMOKING" :thumbsdn:
If you value your Health and those around you! Maybe then you'll enjoy your listening for longer if you're lucky!

get a life


I have been trying many different sticks lately, some House of Horvath coronas and Hugo Cassar churchills and coronas, as well as a couple factory throw-outs, I find some of those are very good, some might have a light spot or a pronounced vein on the wrapper, but they all smoke great and taste allot better then the price would let on.

a question for the guys who smoke inside, how long does the smell hang around? I smoke outside and was wondering how strong the smell is inside, I know pipe smoke clears out by the next morning, but a cigar is putting off allot more smoke.
 
I occasionally enjoy a cigar indoors, but only in one room (my listening room, actually) and only with moderately aggressive ventilation. (I'll get some pics.) The aroma does linger a bit and I have found that a few Febreeze shots on the chairs and sound treatments doesn't do much after a few days.
 
I used to smoke in the house all the time. Moved to a new house and decided to keep the stogies to the garage/back porch. I like it much better without the smoke in the house.
 
Cheap Black & Mild with slice of lime in Corona beer. GF does not know I smoke cigar at times, however a lot of management business meetings in Manhattan includes a trip after dinner to the cigar bars. Unfortunately, then to the strip club- the bums have to go to bottomless NJ, of course (hour trip). Had plenty a night with two hours sleep before work.
 
Last edited:
Quiet thread of late ...

E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut (my default favorite) toro, out back trying to hear the Tigers game on the radio over the local lawnmowers
 
When I was in the Army in the late '60s I had a friend who lived on cigars. I began to suspect the smoke was one of those mind altering drugs so prevalent at the time because it made him install a 4-way flasher kit in his early '60s compact car and use them whenever traffic slowed down. Been afraid of cigars ever since.
 
Tabacalera - a traditional filipino cigar.

Well not really, the factory was built by the Spanish.
 
I have an appreciation for good cigars but haven't treated myself to one in about 4 years or so. That is about to change, soon!:yes:
 
used to enjoy a Punch every once in awhile.. no more ciggy's or cigars now, strictly pipe now.. got a Peterson Dracula filled right now..

Hbar




the best antiques are old friends
 
I'll offer my opinion, for what it is worth. I'm "manly" enough to enjoy a "good" stiff scotch(or other whiskey) on occasion. I'm also "manly" enough to enjoy a "good" cigar. I don't think they both have to be enjoyed together,though. Neither one has to be enjoyed at all.
I prefer to enjoy a great cigar(for me) without a glass of something that I'm told I should be drinking with it. If I need a beverage with a cigar it is usually a glass of beer or wine, or maybe just some water to quench my thirst. The "star" of the occasion for me is the cigar, a big drink over-powers it sometimes. Some of the most enjoyable cigars I've ever had were with a nice cup of coffee. I think the night I found out my wife and I were adopting our daughter I sat in the snow in our backyard with a cigar, and a cup of coffee was the beverage.

As for your question about the qualities, that is tough to answer. The simple answer is a cigar that is enjoyable(to you), doesn't burn too quick, and doesn't give you a cigar "hangover" the next day. For me it is often less about the actual cigar, and more about the hour or so it takes to smoke it, and the fact that everything else is put on hold. The slowing down and "smelling the roses" aspect is a huge part of it.
I just noticed this thread for the first time. It has been a few years since I had a good cigar, but this post lays it out exactly how I feel about the topic. Well put!
 
I just noticed this thread for the first time. It has been a few years since I had a good cigar, but this post lays it out exactly how I feel about the topic. Well put!

Thanks.
And seeing how today is the first day that feels like fall is on its way, I'll add to it. It's almost Yard 'Gar season. A cheapy cigar with my ipod always makes leaf raking better.:yes:
 
Smoking my first cigar in at least 3 years. And it a nice one. MonteCristo #4 Cuban. This is my first Cuban and I am enjoying it immensely, along with a cup of 8 O'clock coffee and the St. Louis Cardinal game on the radio. Smoking on the back screened in porch. I am loving this smoke.
 
Have you all not heard of "CANCER" Lung Cancer that is and if you are not concerned what about the others around you?
 
Have you all not heard of "CANCER" Lung Cancer that is and if you are not concerned what about the others around you?

First of all, I smoke alone. Or with somebody else who is smoking. I can't stand people who get into other's faces with smoke, so I don't do it myself.

Second, the few cigars I enjoy a year are unlikely to cause cancer. Even my doctor thinks so, I asked her.

Third, one thread crap per thread is enough. It's not for everyone, but enjoying a cigar every so often can be a pleasant, happy experience. Even more so with some music. This thread is about sharing that happiness.
 
I've picked up some good deals from Cigars Int'l. daily emails. I've been very happy with Nica Libres, Rocky Patel Royal vintage some and Diesels. I tried dipping a cigar in some scotch. What an incredible flavor.
 
H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill, I think (big mother)

classic robust aroma and flavor, one of the most enjoyable I've had, lately. These are kind of spendy, but I'm going to have to get some more. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom