• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What did he say?

Register to hide this ad
I just read all of that. That's it, we're doomed.

Might get a good 2285b and 'blown' jbls to listen to during our demise, though.
 
the good old days words and punctuation were used people communicated..............

Sometimes I'm ashamed of that fact that I'm under 50.
 
Worth checking out. I'm sure only the surrounds are shot on the JBLs.

I mean dont ya think that might be the case that this guy really doesnt understand what hes talkin about cuz I mean its likely he dont given the way that he writes perhaps he typed the whole thing up on his phone.
 
TRANSLATION:

It was my dad's. I have the book (manual) to go with the receiver. It's made of wood and silver. It's from the old days. It has lots of power. It's heavy-maybe 45 pounds. It was made in a year around 1978-1979, and retails for $500 or so when new. I might have other things too (for sale), if you like (meaning: if you'd be interested in buying them). The receiver has been sitting in glass (don't know what that means). It is like new, better than the items on the market now, at least in terms of power-handling capabilities. Leave me a phone number to call back if you actually plan to show up; if you don't know what it (the receiver) is, then don't bother me by calling. Also, I have an O'Sullivan entertainment center with a glass front you can have if you want. Do you like JBL speakers? The Marantz (this receiver to which he is referring) blew them apart (fried the voice coils, I guess). Studio monitors with 14-inch woofers are free for you, or I will sell them separately for $5 with other new JBL tweeters (translation of this last sentence: he'll include some monitor speakers with blown voice coils for free if you buy the receiver).
 
Last edited:
I haven’t laughed that hard in a while...

I think he was trying to say he also had an O'Sullivan entertainment center but did not have a clue on how to spell entertainment so it's abbreviated e.....

Martin
 
I think he was trying to say he also had an O'Sullivan entertainment center but did not have a clue on how to spell entertainment so it's abbreviated e.....
Martin

Wow. Good guess--though it's sad someone thinks "e..." is a good abbreviation for entertainment and can't even spell the word. Really, I googled "enturtanemint" and google still figured out what word I meant. I'll update my translation...
 
I thought o,sellivan was something to do with white van speakers!

You know, the place where he bought the 14 inch studio moniters [sic] that he will seperat [sic] for just five dollars.

I wonder, is this a learning disability at work, or simply someone semi-illiterate? I can understand someone in some parts of rural China, parts of Africa or Afghanistan, etc... not knowing how to write their language even this well, but in the U.S.? There are very few acceptable excuses. :no:

Still, someone might get a nice Marantz with JBL speakers from that guy (gal?)!
 
It might be a good deal? Get a Marantz and some blown JBLs?

If the Marantz is in good condition?
 
The marantz blue them apart...why would this be fired voice coils? AK seems to be all about refoaming woofers and one believe that blue them apart is much closer to bad foam than frozen or burned voice coils.

Might be a deal since the unit was stored in glass, which appears to be part of the sale. Someone could collect a 2252, jbls, an e-center and some extra speakers.

Maybe this is his 2nd or 3rd language. English is hard for lots of Americans.
 
Back
Top Bottom